saggy baggy elephant

Options
You know the kid's story the Saggy Baggy Elephant? (I'm a preschool teacher.) That's what I feel like!! I've lost 61 lbs. But I wake up in the morning and the first thing I notice is my knees. Above my knees is an abundance of loose skin. Just little tiny wrinkles. I feel like I'm going to have to pull up my skin to walk down the street soon. LOL. I tell my husband how disgusting it is. He doesn't seem to mind. But it bothers me. I have it on my inner thighs and upper arms too. But I can cover that pretty well. Some day I want to be in shorts again without any gross loose skin. I do exercise a lot. I weight lift off and on depending on how my sciatic nerve is doing.

Replies

• salemsaberhagen
    salemsaberhagen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I grew up an extremely fat kid. I lost the weight, but the skin at the bottom of my gut is stretched out from all of the damage. As fat is lost, it shrinks. However, it is still loose to the point where if it is ever to go away- surgery will be needed. I've lived with it for so long that it no longer bothers me. I could care less for washboard abs; any true lifter knows they are superfluous.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You know the kid's story the Saggy Baggy Elephant? (I'm a preschool teacher.) That's what I feel like!! I've lost 61 lbs. But I wake up in the morning and the first thing I notice is my knees. Above my knees is an abundance of loose skin. Just little tiny wrinkles. I feel like I'm going to have to pull up my skin to walk down the street soon. LOL. I tell my husband how disgusting it is. He doesn't seem to mind. But it bothers me. I have it on my inner thighs and upper arms too. But I can cover that pretty well. Some day I want to be in shorts again without any gross loose skin. I do exercise a lot. I weight lift off and on depending on how my sciatic nerve is doing.

Oh gawd....I have those same knees. And upper arms. Haven't checked the inner thighs but now I'm scared!

I've lost 67 pounds in total.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA. This is not comforting.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a preschool teacher, too. Aren't they the 'best' for bluntness and honesty about your weight? Ugh. I had a boy a couple years ago...he saw me about to sit in the chair next to his. He got up and pulled out the chair for me. I thought "Oh, how sweet!!!" Then he looked at my *kitten*. Then he pulled the chair out another two feet!!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Staying as well-nourished as you can while reducing and reducing VERRRRY slowly are probably two of the most important things. I have lost 66 pounds over 4 years and plan to stay on maintenance for a couple more months before I attempt further body fat reduction. The closer you get to goal weight, the longer you should take to lose. Eating lots of vegetables and fruits is important because the newest research suggests that they are often more potent than pharmaceuticals for inhibiting angiogenesis. The reason why that is important is that inhibiting the proliferation of blood vessels (the proliferation of blood vessels is called "angiogenesis") also inhibits not only cancerous tumors but destroys fat cells as well because fat is some of the most poorly vascularized tissue in the body, and the fat cells are literally "starved" when angiogenesis is inhibited. (The inhibition of cancerous tumors is a plus too, of course.) Staying well nourished and well hydrated also encourages the skin to be more elastic and "snap back".
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, preschoolers are brutally honest! My 2 girls are too. I always used to joke with them about their "tiny tushies". We called them "tt's". Then we'd joke about mom's "big ole tushy". The other day the came running up to me to tell me I had a "MT" not, "medium tushy". I was so thrilled! Because kids tell you like it is!

LOVE the info on the fruits and veggies and fat cells and cancer tumors. That's awesome! I'll pass it on to my mom who is a breast cancer survivor.
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think cocoa butter would help at least a bit, as well as drinking a lot of water. I've heard building muscle can help as well. I'm hoping the loose skin thing won't be too much of a problem for me but we'll see how it goes o.o
  • salemsaberhagen
    salemsaberhagen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    lifting does help and will shape you. start out with a 5x5 routine.