Startin up strong

Options
Hey I am new here and just started doin the whole exercise thing again last week. This week hit and was 7 pounds lighter. Yeah it can be done. Some say I push myself a lil far but I do what i know has worked for me. I eat lighter and between my normal day and working out for 2 or more hours depending on what I have going on I burn as many calories as i take in and feel great. If you want my best advice get outside if you can. If you have some free weights set up a bench of some kind and work out on it. You feel better and the fresh air helps a lot. I can't keep motivated inside. So I walk 3 miles a day, then do weights, calisthenics, and a few aerobics but is all outside. Look at it this way you can get a tan while you do it lol.

Replies

• strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new here and just started doin the whole exercise thing again last week. This week hit and was 7 pounds lighter. Yeah it can be done. Some say I push myself a lil far but I do what i know has worked for me. I eat lighter and between my normal day and working out for 2 or more hours depending on what I have going on I burn as many calories as i take in and feel great. If you want my best advice get outside if you can. If you have some free weights set up a bench of some kind and work out on it. You feel better and the fresh air helps a lot. I can't keep motivated inside. So I walk 3 miles a day, then do weights, calisthenics, and a few aerobics but is all outside. Look at it this way you can get a tan while you do it lol.
  • abalvarado90
    Options
    Hey good for you! 7 lbs. is awesome! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • GreggChr
    GreggChr Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree 7 pounds is admirable! Not here to take anything away from your efforts.
    But as I learn more about weight loss the goal is to be consistent and develop a life long plan. Research has shown that the best weight loss is one that occurs gradually. Many times taking off those quick pounds off only leads to it coming right back. The point is to pace yourself. Losing weight and keeping it off is not a quick sprint but a life long marathon!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Good for you! The first week or two when you first start you will lose more so don't get discouraged when it slows down. You men have it so much easier the we do when it come to weight loss, yall lose it so much quicker! Keep up the good work!