How to not un-do success while on 2 week trip?

Options
2»

Replies

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am back home and thought I'd drop a line! Unfortunately I did not have access to Internet for most of my trip. I logged when I could, but pretty much the last week was a wash. I was able to work out here and there and make some good choices and drink lots of water & green tea. There were a few more treats than normal in our last stop, New Orleans. ;)

Even so, I came back having put on exactly one half of a pound. I'm totally OK with this! I'm back at it today and glad to be home. On the agenda: plan my workouts for the week ahead, actually go grocery shopping and resume course.

Thanks everyone who helped me with tips and encouragement! While I didn't lose weight on this trip, I'm happy to have enjoyed some treats and not un-done all my hard work (as I feared). Pretty confident I can drop that 1/2 pound within the week and reach my next goal (getting under 149!) by the end of August. ;)
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I went on an 8 day cruise this summer, my first vacation in years, and was so worried about gaining weight. I also didn't have internet so couldn't log. Anyway, I didn't gain an ounce and these were my tricks.

1. At the buffet I always filled up on veggies and pretty much never indulged for lunch or breakfast, maybe a piece of sausage once.
    2. Mornings were smoked salmon and SOMETIMES toast if I knew I was going on excursions that day.
    3. Exercised 5 out of 8 days, doing mostly body weight/circuit training.
    4. Drank 2 cocktails the entire time, otherwise only red wine-about 2-3 glasses every single night.
    5. Rating system-if something was not good, I did not eat it. If it was okay, I ate part of it. If it was amazing, I ate it all. If it was uber good, seconds (though it never came to that). Dessert every night but I started off slow with the "health" desserts the first night or so.
    6. I'm a weirdo...but if I accidentally couldn't control myself and got 2 rolls, or the hot dog bun, I'd just GET RID OF IT so it wouldn't be sitting on my plate. I got rid of it in odd ways like scrunching it up in a napkin but hey, didn't gain weight.

Anyway, I ate a rich restaurant style dinner like 5/6 out of 8 days so didn't feel deprived. Got back and was right on track! Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, I'd call that a successful vacation!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    So pleased you came back and let us know how you did!! And WOW 0.5lb over a 2 week trip? That's great!! Especially if you consider the damage you could have done had you said sod it!! :D Well done!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    That's great. I'm heading out on vacation for a week and was wondering what to do.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Had I been able to log on more, I think I could've actually continued my weight loss. *BUT* I also was OK indulging in a few treats knowing I'd likely not come through this part of the country again in a long time! I do think lots of water, plus lots of walking touring the cities helped. I avoided a lot of sweets and drank alcohol only moderately. I do think it may take me a couple weeks to bounce back fitness wise - I was running up to 7 miles and doing pretty intense hour long workouts prior to this trip and the longest workout I was able to do while there was about 30 minutes. I'm just happy to feel like I'm ready to get going again and not totally derailed! :)