For those familiar with anti-depressants

Options
2»

Replies

• tishglos
    tishglos Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been on lexapro for two years. I was at my highest before taking lexapro and when I started them I did not notice any weight gain.

I was able to lose weight (with diet and exercise) while taking lexapro.
  • TerryJStroud
    TerryJStroud Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) and it hasn't caused any issues at all. :-) My only issue really has been dry mouth on and off, causing me to drink an insane amount of water (oh darn. Staying hydrated). There were some sexual side-effects, and I have to take it at a specific time of the day or it messes me up slightly, but I'm quite happy with it. Mind you, I'm only 25 so who knows what effects it could have later?
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My oft-repeated tale:

I took Paxil CR several years ago for anxiety and put on 40 pounds in about 1-2 years, and losing weight was really difficult when on it. As a result, I switched to Lexapro and it was somewhat easier . I went off Lexapro for about two years and lost more weight, but my anxiety got worse and my doctor put me on Wellbutrin. It's not typically thought of as an anti-anxiety med, but it does work for some people and it's working for me. I've had no weight gain on it, and have been steadily losing.