HEALTHY NOT FATTING LATE NIGHT SNACKS

Options
Whats healthy to eat 2 hours before you go to bed if your hungry???

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    baby carrots and apple slices is what i eat..that or a egg white veggie omette without cheese
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    pickles!!!:love:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    low fat/fat free yogurt and a peice of fruit (.5 cup fat free vamilla yogurt and a banana 170 cals)

cottage cheese (.5 cup 100 cals add fruit for a couple extra)

Lettuce wrap (you can make any sandwich into a lettuce wrap I like to keep tuna or chicken salad on hand and wrap it in a peice of lettuce) (1 curry tuna wrap = 80 cals)

a few carrot stick or bell pepper peices dipped in hummus

The possibilities are endless I try to keep that snack under 150 cals.
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with a little margarine...
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    cheerios!!!
    fruit source bar
    fibre one
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I second the cottage cheese. From what I have read, the calcium binds with fat in the intestine thus helping with fat loss and the casein protein is most definitely welcome before bed.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    JELLO!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

LOL! I'm eating it right now! :o) One awesome thing I look forward to at the hospital...lol! :o)
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you have a juicer, you can juice greens (kale, spinach, etc,) and maybe an apply or pear to sweeten it. Yummy, filling, and so good for you. Apple and a little peanut butter is also good. air popcorn with no butter and no salt.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I adapted a snack recipe from the ChaLEAN Extreme guide to fit my diary, and I use it nearly everyday. It's only 141 calories, low fat, low sugar...

Start with a small fajita size tortilla (I like the Mission Carb Balance kind) and spread 2 tsp. of low fat or fat free cream cheese on the whole thing. Sprinkle some basil and parsley onto that. Then add 2-3 slices of thin sliced deli meat (choose low fat, low sodium kinds if you can find them...the thin ones have next to nothing when it comes to calories in 2-3 slices). Cook some red pepper chunks (I normally just chop a little off the end of the pepper, then store the rest for next time) on high for about 30 seconds and put them on top of the deli meat. Then roll up and enjoy!

Using my own preferred brands, it's only slightly more calories than a large apple. But, you also get protein with your carbs so you'll less likely to have that insulin spike...and it's just sooo good!

If you have that workout program, it's in the guide as "Wrap and Roll Mini Pinwheels" but I entered the values from my brands onto this website and discovered that the nutrition content was different. So I also suggest just entering what you use into the recipe function, cause unless you use the exact same ingredient brands as the chefs who make your cookbooks, it will most definitely be different!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Anything as long as youre under your calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    pickles!!!:love:

Be careful with pickles, they are full of sodium and will therefore make you retain water. if you do eat pickles you may want to have them with a couple glasses of water.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I like semi-freezing a sugar free pudding cup and topping a bowl of frozen strawberries with it. :)