I need a low calorie answer for peanut butter

Options
2»

Replies

• SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I don't know how to do the quote yet :smooched:

It is true I LOVE peanut butter. If it was not for peanut butter I would be at my goal.

:cry:
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

This stuff rocks. :wink:
    [/quote

sgt.... You are soooo right. 50 calories for 2 tbs.. I am ordering now.

Thank you:flowerforyou: ]

Still can't do the quote
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Spread

1 (8 oz.) Package Fat Free Cream Cheese
    2 Tablespoons Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter
    10 Packets Splenda

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
    Refrigerate in a covered container.

Note: This is good on toast, apples, pretzels, or anything else you can think of.

Serves: 8 (2 Tablespoons Each)
    Per Serving: 51 Calories; 2g Fat (27.6% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. WWP: 1

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/Misc2/PeanutButterSpread.html
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR PB!!!

I do 1 tablespoon PB on a brown rice cake - 150 calories - what a treat! Try it with coffee or tea, and it is like have a pastry and coffee (well, not quite, but you get the idea!).

I also go for the crunchy, as I find it more satisfying!
    :flowerforyou:
    so true. It is rich in protien and healthy fat!!!! optr for a natural type one and cut out much excess sodium and presrvatives
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    Peanut butter rocks! I love a cut up crunchy apple and a tbsp of peanutbutter to dunk it in. woohoo.
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Hey there

I just had two rice cakes with better-n-peanut butter and strawberry jam MMMMM MMMMM

:love:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I make my own cashew butter, 1 can of cheapo cashew bits & pieces. I get them for $2 at the Dollar Store near my home. I then put them in a blender with 2T of canola oil. Yummy!!!! I can't eat peanuts, so this is my consolation prize. (I like it 20 times better than peanut butter anyway!)
    [/quote]

Do you rinse them first or are they unsalted? Or you just blend them as they come?? This sounds GREAT
  • beep
    Options
    [/quote]
    MKeithly said: "Oh yes!!! There is a hippie commune near where I live, they make all sorts of organic natural butters and they are SOOOOO delicious!!! They sell it at the Akin's Health Food store in my area.
    BTW- To those of you who have never had natural butters before, don't be alarmed by the fact that you need to sir it before you use it and store it in the fridge. The first time I took the whole jar to work a guy I work with said"What the hell is that? It looks like fish bait""
    [/quote]

Quotes are working for me tonight;....
    Uh, if you can guarantee nuts is all they put in there.....:laugh: :laugh:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    MKeithly said: "Oh yes!!! There is a hippie commune near where I live, they make all sorts of organic natural butters and they are SOOOOO delicious!!! They sell it at the Akin's Health Food store in my area.
    BTW- To those of you who have never had natural butters before, don't be alarmed by the fact that you need to sir it before you use it and store it in the fridge. The first time I took the whole jar to work a guy I work with said"What the hell is that? It looks like fish bait""
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    LOL Really LOUD!!!!
  • beep
    Options

[/quote]
    LOL Really LOUD!!!!
    [/quote]

I'm so ready for a glass of wine....
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Drink up buttercup, it's Saturday for cryiing out loud:wink:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    What about that Walden Farms calorie free peanut butter?

It sounds strange but interesting at the same time...:indifferent:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I went to a spa in Utah a few months ago. They made their own PB, and added pureed carrots to maintain that special "texture" that PB has. It does have a more "orangey" color than regular PB, but fewer calories/fat, and even has some veggies in it. The taste is different too, but it might satisfy your craving.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I went to a spa in Utah a few months ago. They made their own PB, and added pureed carrots to maintain that special "texture" that PB has. It does have a more "orangey" color than regular PB, but fewer calories/fat, and even has some veggies in it. The taste is different too, but it might satisfy your craving.

That sounds interesting. I live in Utah--what was the spa called?

BTW, love your name, maestrachistosa!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options

That sounds interesting. I live in Utah--what was the spa called?

BTW, love your name, maestrachistosa!

I went to Red Mountain, in St. George. It is totally amazing!!! I've been twice, and am planning on returning again...when the finances permit.

Glad you like my name...I'm never sure if anyone understands it!
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was going to say most of what the others have said...

NATURAL Peanut Butter is *healthful*!

I eat mine like one of the others said, in the morning for breakfast... a rice cake, 1 tablespoon butter and Polaner's AllFruit jelly (1 tsp).

It's GREAT! :-D

Not too bad with coffee, Mmmm!

The total for my breakfast comes to only about 150 calories, including the coffee. I can deal with that! (And frankly, all of my younger children are positively jealous of MY breakfast! :tongue: )

Carrie
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I use smuckers all-natural reduced fat peanut butter. The serving is 2 tablespoons for 200 calories. You can also check out almond butter, but its got the same amount of calories (give or take). It sucks that its high calorie, but it IS really good for you. Just measure it out. If you want, you can cut the 2 tablespoon serving down to one tablespoon and most of the time you won't notice a difference (other than your mouth being less stuck together, haha).