8000 calorie Challenge

Options
O.K. So a few of us have just spent a week trying to burn 7000 calories.Some were successful in reaching this goal.Others were successful in giving it all they had.Anyway This week I'm challenging folks to burn 8000 calories! Please post your daily burns along with the method in which you burned your calories.By telling us how you burned we all get ideas about how to accomplish the goals we set!! I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT!!!!

THIS CHALLENGE STARTS TOMORROW NOVEMBER 24TH........HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]1965707.png[/url]

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hopefully these challenges will continue to happen... I'm totally gung-ho to join in after this week!
  • erikaj819
    Options
    i have a little less of a goal but would love all the support getting there. good luck!
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    I'm in. Does it start today then? mmmm going to be tough with turkey day just around the corner. We can do this :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    B.R.U.T.A.L.

I'm your huckleberry.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    My personal goal is to continue these challenges weekly .Upping the total calories burned by 1000 until I can't reach it!! That way I'll know my limit and strive to get fitter by extending that limit a little at a time!!
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    where y'all from? maybe if any of us happen to be close, we could work on this together? Northern IL here...
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I'm living in Florida.My plan is to ride my bike & play softball with a little golf mixed in!!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Straight lifting and cardio for me
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    I do straight cardio. Don't know "how" to lift. 60-90 mins on treadmill. Incline 11, speed 4.5mph. Good for about 1200 calories in 60mins.
  • loubay26
    Options
    sounds like fun. Does the week go thru next tues so It really last 7 days total? Let me know so I can plan out my exercise schedule!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    sounds like fun. Does the week go thru next tues so It really last 7 days total? Let me know so I can plan out my exercise schedule!

Yes ..Good Luck!
  • erikaj819
    Options
    im in wisconsin,my plan is to do my workout DVD's and walk with the dog and on my lunch break, maybe some others mixed in there.

~~Good luck everyone!!!!!!~~
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Well Today was day one of this new challenge.Here are my numbers:
    Bike Ride 30 miles 1754 calories burned

Softball for over 2 1/2 hrs. 500 calories burned

Total for today -11/24/10 = 2254 calories burned

5746 calories to reach goal of 8000 calories burned!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    B.R.U.T.A.L.

I'm your huckleberry.

Lucy you got some splaining to do!! wHAT THE HECK DOES i'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY MEAN? lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It was a term used in the movie Tombstone. It kind of means, i'm down with it or I'm the best man for the job.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    wow...you guys are amazing :flowerforyou:

Good Luck! I would love to join but I have a lot of uni work to crack on with...will try and get 8000 calories burned at my cousins wedding on saturday!

That's a LOT of dancing! :flowerforyou:
  • collettemrk
    Options
    wow...you guys are amazing :flowerforyou:

Good Luck! I would love to join but I have a lot of uni work to crack on with...will try and get 8000 calories burned at my cousins wedding on saturday!

That's a LOT of dancing! :flowerforyou:

have fun!!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    It was a term used in the movie Tombstone. It kind of means, i'm down with it or I'm the best man for the job.

Thank You for clarifying that for me!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Wednesday - 1374 calories burned
    Remaining - 6626 calories
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, I love this thread, still dont have a HRM, have bought one off amazon, a friend will carry it for me over to India in Dec. So I wont be able to post accurate calories burnt, maybe I'll join in Jan.

Best of luck guys !