Loose skin, Help me!

Options
So far I've lost 71 lbs, though I have real ugly loose skin under my arms. They flap around every where. For those who have lost a significant amount of weight, what was your experience on loose baggy skin?
I do strength training 2-3 x a week as well. Alot of arm targeted moves. Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do, or should I just give my body sometime to tighten on its own?
Here is a pic, where you can see what I'm talking about.
Pics355.jpg

Replies

• sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    bump..i really wish someone would reply
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats. You look absolutely fab!!!!

Second, it sounds like you're doing everything right! Make sure you're drinking your water. Also be mindful and make sure you're eating your healthy oils/fats (olive, grapeseed, avocado, etc.). I think it really does take time.

I have some under arm flab, some in my tummy, thighs and butt. It is slowly improving. I don't know if it will every completely snap back, but I'm learning to live with it. Focus on the positives - you are beautiful, you've lost the weight, you're healthy and active, etc. -- enjoy what you have accomplished!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    it'lll tighten up eventually. just keep doing strength training. you're doing very well, so own those arms! wave 'em like you just don't care!
  • jmelo529
    Options
    Your skin took a long time to stretch to where it got. Its going to take just as long if not longer to get back. Keep at the strength training. You will see slow but noticeable changes over time!

P.S. Grats on losing 71! Thats a huge accomplishment!
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but I have only lost 40 lbs and mine is much worse. I have the same issue between my legs. If you find a solution plse let me know. I workout 7 days a week, 4 days in the gym and 3 days at home and I also walk daily (at least a 1/2 mile. Sooo, please let me know! I still have a ways to go (20 lbs) I hope it gets better :smile:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    WOW.....look at you gorgeous!!! CONGRATS!!!! Compared to your success, no biggie deal.
    I have heard strength training is the way to go....you are doing it so keep on!
    I have also heard to give yourself anywhere from one to two years for your skin to pull in!
    I take fish oil pills for overall good health!
    You look AMAZING!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My brother lost 200 pounds and he said that it took nearly 2 years for his skin to tighten up. Be patient, I know, easier said than done. Otherwise, keep up the healthy habits, plenty of veggies, water, exercise, moisturize and pray that you have good genetics!:bigsmile: All the best in your continued success:flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 38lbs and am starting to notice the under arm loose skin. If you belong to a gym you should ask the trainers for help or maybe you can look online for some tips (that is what I plan to do ) Keep up with the strength training. All of it might not snap back but I think most of it will over time, just keep up with the strength training., maybe increasing it slowly over time . And congrats on the weight loss that is awesome
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Loose skin is pretty much genetics and other factors too.
    You have been overweight for years I'm assuming? you cant expect your skin to bounce right back.

Keep on your journey of weight loss before of thinking about surgery etc.
    But what I can tell you to do is...

Give it time
    Strength Training.
    Take a multi-vitamin
    And also Take EXTRA vitamin A, C & E
    Also take methylsulphonylmethane or MSM for short

Creams and stuff don't work and there is no miracle pill either.
    Goodluck
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you might want to try pilates or yoga, in addition or to switch up your strength training, too. i just started doing them about a week ago (?) and i've already noticed a significant difference in the way my clothes fit.

you're really looking good, so don't fret it too much, just keep working at it.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and your suggestions. Yes I have been overweight for my whole teenage/adult life. So I can't expect for my skin to bounce back. I drink plenty of water on a daily basis. I'm going to give it sometime and pray that i do have good genes.