Weighin in everyday ain't so bad...

Options
Well for me at least. I've gotten comfortable eating about 600 calories per day. And everyday i lose 1/2 a pound. Don't get me wrong, this may not be suitable for everyone. But i'm feeling great.

Replies

• OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Well for me at least. I've gotten comfortable eating about 600 calories per day. And everyday i lose 1/2 a pound. Don't get me wrong, this may not be suitable for everyone. But i'm feeling great.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    BANKS!! Intervention here!!!

You're starving yourself, hun! 600 calories is not enough. :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Others will chime in here, I'm sure, but I'll say it now--you're starving yourself. You are doing harm to your body, possibly irreparable harm. That is way to few calories. You should never go under 1200 calories a day. Your body will soon go into starvation mode. Given the small amount of weight you have to lose, you should be aiming for no more than 1 pound a week.

Believe me, we've all tried similar methods and they don't work--you will end up gaining back what you lose if you don't train yourself now to eat healthy and remain eating healthy for the rest of your life.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It might be working for you now, but how are you going to keep it off? If you decide to eat more than 600 calories on a given day, you're going to gain like you wouldn't believe.

Don't put your poor body through this. It's a lot healthier to do it the right way.

And it will last longer too. I hope you decide to start eating more.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    We are hear to make a lifestyle change not a quick fix. You need to think about your long term health. Please be careful. Once you try to eat normally again 1200+ you will gain it back, so slow and steady wins the race. Our comments may seem harsh but our words come from our hearts for your benefit.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I was doing 1245 cals per day.. was losing weight like crazy for 2weeks.. then it stopped.. i starved my poor big ol body.. you need to eat sweety... eat what MFP tells you... please eat..

plus all that weight you lose you are going to gain right back...

god luck to you!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I agree with the majority here. Lots of people do a "cleansing" or "fasting" WEEK where they cut their calories way down to kick off a new program... but consuming that few of calories per day is not healthy. What IS healthy however.... is eating MORE calories and burning more off. If you want to lost the weight... eat good foods... stay at a healthy range of calories... and hit the treadmill every day and work 200 or more off. Your body needs carbs, sugar, cals to function properly. And again agreeing with the majority... should you slip up and just crave a chocolate bar or an order of fries... you'll be sorry.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Honey, I am going to say the no-no work. Anorexia is calling. Going from bad eating habits to no eating habits is the worse thing going. I think there are very few people here that can say that they don't LOVE food and are having to like it in a different way. I will join the chorus and say please start eating and eating right. Go see your dr or a nutritionist and they can help too. This is coming from someone who has a really hard time eating as much as I am supposed to (around 900-1000cal) and have been working really really hard to increase them. I already feel better, more capable and as my husband says, less b*tchy. If you are really uncomfortable doing it all at once, add an extra 100 c/day (that is an average apple) over a week and bring it up slowly that way.
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Um, been there, done that starvation thing...and it is the worst thing I have ever done to myself. Yes, I looked and felt great for a month or so, then my nails stopped growing, my hair started looking bad, and it dawned on me that I was hurting myself badly. And I was by no means anorexic, nor was I eating as little as you. But I put myself through a horribly fast weight loss that my body could not sustain, and I started messing up my metobolism in the process. All of that took weeks - not years! So please stop yourself now before you do the same damage. Trust me, I HATE losing weight slowly, like I am doing now. I still weigh myself daily and obsess more than I should (this is a learning process, after all) but I know now that taking it slow (and eating!) is the only way to do it that is healthy and lasting. The benefit? I feel fantastic and am in the best shape of my life...much better than when I was too thin and miserable. Please don't go there! Good luck.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Apart from being very unhealthy, this weight will not stay gone. As soon as you eat a normal sized meal you will gain a couple of pounds! Seriously, from 1 meal. And don't tell me you plan to eat that way forever, because that simply can't happen... and if it does forever won't be a very long time.