Step arobics...but using the Wii Fit board - help calculatin

lasia221
lasia221 Posts: 19 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm trying to input my exercise, which is step aerobics done on my own (i.e. quite a bit faster than Wii Fit has you doing it) and the only choices for Step Aerobics are using boards that are WAY higher than the Wii's. The database lists as the smallest 6-8" rise. The Wii is only a 2" rise. I'm trying to google for better more accurate calories burned results but not having any luck. Anybody have any leads?

Replies

• tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    There are a couple of just "aerobic" options. I would use the aerobic low impact option (I think it's called). Otherwise if you have a heart rate monitor, you could just manually enter what that said.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Yes, this is one of the reasons I bought a HRM. I do the Wii Fit at a more intense pace than average and the calories listed as a Wii Fit burn is very low compared to what I actually burn. Especially the free step and the free run.
    You'll never really know your true calorie burn if you don't invest in a HRM. I love mine!
  • lasia221
    lasia221 Posts: 19 Member
    Wow guys thank you. I never freakin knew that buying a heart rate monitor would help give calorie burned counts. Yay! Which one do you two use?
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    I don't use one anymore, but I used to have a Polar brand that I bought at the gym. I bought a bodybugg and borrowed my HRM to a friend. The bodybugg tracks my burn through the entire day (resting, cleaning, working, excercise, etc), so I use that instead. But the HRM is much less expensive and will tell you how many calories you burned during your workout!! I don't know much about the differences between HRMs, so hopefully someone else will have a good suggestion for you!
This discussion has been closed.