Question

Options
Okay, I'm sure that this question has been answered out there somewhere, but I want to make sure I know what I am doing for tomorrow...

I would like to be able to indulge a little tomorrow, however, my gym is not open on Thanksgiving. I plan on doubling my workout today and doing a video at home tomorrow morning. It is freezing here, so no walking outside for me :(

My question is how much can I safely eat over my calories without gaining any weight? My deficiency is set for 490/day.

Lastly, I'm not talking about pigging out...I just want to have a small piece of pumpkin pie and one of my Grams famous cookie bars. I will gladly give up mashed potatoes & sweet potatoes for this!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Easy answer based on the info you gave 490 extra. Remember to gain a pound you would have to eat 3500 calories more than you burn so if you are in a caloric deficit of 490 and you are burn say 200 cals in your morning workout you could eat 690 more than you MFP goal, without adding in exercise. If you are fine with gaining a 1/4 pound (875 calories) on the day and burn 200 cals at your workout you could eat 1565 (490+200+875) more than the MFP goal.

If you are set up at 1200 calories and don't want to gain weight you could eat a total of 1890 (1200+200+490)
    If you are fine with a 1/4 lb gain you could eat 2765 (1200+875+200+490) Hope this helps
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you are AWESOME!
  • shae123
    Options
    Just a tip to help with your calorie intake, I read that the most calories and fat in pie come from the crust. The news article said eat the filling and topping with out the crust and it saves alot :)
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I just don't think I can do that...I love my Gram's home made pie crust! I will sacrifice my roll for the pie crust!