Weight loss/gain and mood disorders

Hi everyone,
this may sound random or even odd but I was curious if there was anyone out there that can relate to this.

I am a sufferer of a mood disorder and was wondering if there were any other MFP members out there who also suffer with a mood disorder that can relate to different eating patterns depending on their mood. Right now Im feeling like the one as I dont talk to many people these days.
I have realised this after many years of mood swings and up and down weight I have realised that this could be to do with the disorder.
Constantly loosing or gaining amounts of weight quite suddenly without realizing, looking back now, it could of been to do with my moods. Constantly comfort eating when I was depressed and not eating when I was absolutely buzzing on life the next week.

Last October to December I lost 7kg, I didnt think this was much but I done it (yayy me!) since then, ive been fighting with that half a stone that i keep putting on the n loosing and then putting on again.

So my question is really, are there any other s out there that have had this experience with weight loss/gain because of moods?

Apologies If im not making much sence, feeling extremely exited today for no random reason.

Replies

• niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    UM, YEAH!!

After reading and incorporating some of the tactics in "It's All About Food" I contribute my issues with processed crap. OMG, it made me so moody!! Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect by any means; I do the very best that I can, BUT I feel so much better and am on a more even keel with my moods. I also have a mild anxiety disorder and am medication for that which I hope to someday taper off of with my doctor's assistance.

God Bless and good luck.