new here in need of advice on cleansing water fast

Options
Hi everyone I'm new here & I'm in need of advice. I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 year old & 5 month old. I had both via csection due to complications. Now because of that my body has a hard time getting back in shape & being a sahm its hard to eat healthy because I eat what I can when I can. (I bottle feed). I want to start a healthy habit of eating and exersicing but I want to do a water detox first. I would fast on water for a day maybe 2 if I can handle it. Would these days really make a difference or am Isetting myself up for a painful not worth it eexperience? Any thoughts are appreciated thanks :)

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

and read the first two stickies in this section of the forum. (the ones with the red pin next to them)
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    A water detox is a bad idea and not really worth it. Set a plan for healthy eating and stick to it.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You have two young children to look after, you are going to need a lot of energy to do that. A water fast will not give your body the energy needs.

Our bodies do a a great job of cleansing themselves if we let them...give processed foods a miss for a few days along with the caffeine and alcohol. Eat as natural and healthy as possible for a few days.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My advice to these is and always will be

NO.

You don't need a cleanse. Nothing is being cleansed. Just log your food and get moving:flowerforyou:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to detox. Just eat less of what you're eating now.

Oh, and put the kids in a double stroller and walk. It's summer and the weather's generally pretty nice in the morning and evening. You don't have to actually stay inside the home to be a stay at home mom. Get moving.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Painful not worth it experience.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be hard to eat healthy just because you're a stay at home mom, imo. Buy food that is nutritious for everyone and eat that.

And what Galatea said … get outside with the kids and play or walk.
  • dalia9485
    dalia9485 Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you for your input my children eat healthy and we cook our meals for dinner the thing is is that I think I've been so busy taking care of everybody else that I really don't take care of myself I think it's time for me to start showing my children that you know it's okay for mommy to take care of herself and we do go outside with a double strollers the thing is is that I usually like to clean in the morning and then by the timef I'm done its the afternoon, it gets really really hot we live in Alabama and the temperatures are crazy so I think it's unfair to take the children out when it's so hot and have them you know sweating and stuff I think its unfair I don't mind going running by myself for like in a half an hour but I don't have anyone to watch the kids while I go out but thank you I get what your saying and I appreciate it :)
  • dalia9485
    dalia9485 Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you all for your input I don't drink and I don't like coffee so I don't drink caffeine either I don't drink sodas or anything like that I just I have found it really hard to lose the baby weight I mean I've always had problems with my weight and it's really hard for me to lose it I can get it easily but it's really hard for me to lose it I do exercise and I try to stick to it I will go out with the kids and I don't really eat junk food I don't know its just hard for me personally the only thing I'd like to drink is water maybe I should be drinking more milk I don't really like milk either but I really appreciate all of your input aand I decided that I won't go through with the fasting because you guys are right I really do I need a lot of energy to take care my kids and my two year old is full of energy so we do play a lot she's kind of wild but I just wanted to tell you guys that I appreciate all your input