Fitbit Friends?

Options
arogers0541
arogers0541 Posts: 98 Member
Hello all,

I have been using my fitbit flex for a few weeks now and am looking to link up with a few friends to hold me accountable. I am very goal orientated and pretty competitive person so I love to try and outdo myself from day to day. However, I have noticed that since I only have my stats to look at I fall off sometimes and have "I don't care" days. I was wondering if maybe anyone else starting out wanted to link up on fitbit as well to keep each other accountable? I noticed there is a MFP group on fitbit.. I am assuming some of you are apart of that. However, I'm afraid if I get in a big group like that I will see others having great days and be discouraged.

Unfortunately, I work at a bank (desk job), so I don't have the most active job during that day, but would still like to track with others to help me be motivated to do better.

Also, is the best way to link up with your MFP friends on fitbit is via email? It seems on the fitbit website it will allow you to find friends via email or facebook. Is this the only method?

Replies

• arogers0541
    Options
    I guess I could have included my page if anyone would like to add me to their friends:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2QZWTJ
  • GalaxyBird
    GalaxyBird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit! I prefer to use MFP over that app, though, but would love someone to "compete" with. I'm a librarian so I have a desk job as well, so it would be nice :) I currently have one other friend on here and we are just aiming to do a basic 5,000 steps per day at the moment. Then we are going to bump up to 7,000, then to 10,000. Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am new to Fitbit and don't even know how to add friends :(
  • leahkayl
    leahkayl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are Fitbits easy to use? Would you recommend them? Do they keep track of your steps throughout the day?
  • arogers0541
    Options

If you login to the fitbit website you can copy your url onto here and I can add you or copy and paste my fitbit url into your browser and it will give you the option to add me.
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options

If you login to the fitbit website you can copy your url onto here and I can add you or copy and paste my fitbit url into your browser and it will give you the option to add me.

Oooooh! Yay! Here it is! Add me add me! Thanks!
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/232HTT