Exercise DVD's

Options
Can you share with me your favorite exercise videos...there are soooo many out there. I would prefer a dance type or good cardio for begginers. which one do you like and why? Thanks, I want puchase some today and get started, I am new this site and need to get my body movin...

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite videos I purchased at Walmart for $10 in the fitness section. Its a 'Dancing with the Stars" workout video that teaches you the dances (the jive, quickstep, and freestyle video). Its really fun and I feel like I've gotten a good workout after!
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam! You can get them from Beachbody.com. :)

They're a little bit dance-y, lots of cardio, a good mixture.... a GREAT workout! You can burn up to 1,000 calories/hr! :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You might like Hip Hop Abs if you like a dance DVD.
  • BellaB777
    BellaB777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks Tae-Bo workout DVD's are awesome. They help you burn a ton of calories.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire has GREAT music to keep you going! beachbody
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    hip hop abs and insanity are both from Shaun T., put out by Beachbody (the same company that puts out P90X).

I am LOVING INSANITY - however, because it asks so much of me (jumping, power squats, pushups and all fast!) it is so much better with a workout friend. the days that my buddy is unavailable i am so hard-pressed to do the whole dvd, even though they are short (45 minutes which includes warm up and cool down) because you sweat SO MUCH by the end of the warm up! lol

if you're looking for something do-able and short (25 minutes) and great, i'd recommend Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred.

Good luck!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Billy Blank's "Tae-Bo", "10 min. solutions Pilates", Jillian Michaels "Yoga Meltdown," and Beachbody "Insanity." I am hoping to get "Turbo Fire" for Christmas.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • chocolateme
    Options
    TRY ZUMBA EVERYONE I TALKED THAT DOES IT LOVES IT :bigsmile: