You have permission to eat what you want on Thanksgiving!

Options
Also, you must do it guilt free!!!

Check out my new blog post before tomorrow, so you can see why it's ok to induldge.

http://spikediet.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-are-you-going-to-eat-this.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Russellb97

A little preview:

Even if you are not on the Spike Diet and following your own plan, I still recommended you taking the "day-off" and eating what you want. Lets face it, food is not just energy, it is also something to be enjoyed and celebrated. I have lost over 100lbs by taking a "day-off" so trust me one bad day will not hurt you. I would even argue that it helps you lose more weight over time.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
:smile:

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was waiting for your approval. :tongue: :laugh:

but yeah...totally going to enjoy time with my family and not stress over my calories....although I'm thinking some of these healthier eating habits will kick in and I won't go overboard
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That's a really good reminder to many since I've seen some say "enjoy your TG while I munch on my carrot stick". Seriously????

I usually eat what I want - within reason: if I don't like it I don't eat it! I just balance it out with a little extra exercise so I don't fall into the rut or downward spiral. A promise I made a year ago, I won't guilt myself cuz I ate something: I eat, I exercise & I enjoy :flowerforyou:

Happy ThanxGiving & Enjoy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree. Thanksgiving is about enjoying family and good food. One shouldn't take that as over indulge and eat a whole pie or a piece of every pie. I take 'tastes' of things. I will be counting my calories and actually I'm making some things as substitutes of things others are eating. Hope everyone enjoys the holiday and we just get back on track on Friday.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    That's a really good reminder to many since I've seen some say "enjoy your TG while I munch on my carrot stick". Seriously????

I usually eat what I want - within reason: if I don't like it I don't eat it! I just balance it out with a little extra exercise so I don't fall into the rut or downward spiral. A promise I made a year ago, I won't guilt myself cuz I ate something: I eat, I exercise & I enjoy :flowerforyou:

See below...............>
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Honey, that was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! I am in the UK so dont have TG, therefore, will be eating my usual 1200 cals. If I was in America I certainly would not be chomping on a carrot!! :laugh:

As my friend knows I'm in the UK, she took it with the irony that was meant. Sorry you were disturbed unecessarily, but its actually funny that you thought I was serious :laugh:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    im going to stay reasonably within my cals (i'll probs eat my exercise cals) just because thanks giving isnt my favorite meal..christmas is...so on christmas i will not log anything...i fully intend to log tomorrow
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Amen Russell!!!! Happy Thanksgiving! :smile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I will.... but I'll get right back on the horse after the big feast!

Shannon
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Amen Russell!!!! Happy Thanksgiving! :smile:

Thanks, Happy Thankgiving to you too!