Squats

Options
I am on the 5th day of the 30 Day Squat Challenge and just corrected my form after watching a few youtube vids. I also decided to add 10 lbs to it, rather than just squating up and down.

I can sometimes feel it working my glutes but for the most part feel it everywhere else. Is that normal? Also, I can't tell which is right in the mirror, but I can feel that sometimes I pop my bum out as I go down as far as I can and other times I just go down without pushing it back much. I couldn't tell in the videos which one I'm supposed to do.

Replies

• JSHamm
    JSHamm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Imagine you're going to sit on a box when going down. You could also actually put some type of box behind you that you could sit on to practice with. but yeah, anyway, your knees shouldn't go past the front of your toes if that helps at all.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Imagine you're going to sit on a box when going down. You could also actually put some type of box behind you that you could sit on to practice with. but yeah, anyway, your knees shouldn't go past the front of your toes if that helps at all.

Some people have long legs :/

Good job, adding weight OP. Google Bret contraras, sometimes it's hard to engage the glutes if you haven't for a while (try to concentrate on using them). And yes, sit back into it, like you were going to sit on the loo =D
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll do that, thank you guys. I hope I get better at engaging them soon! :)