Much harder at 50+

Options
DeBlue
DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
Looking for an "accountability partner" - any ladies out there trying to get that good boost off the starting line? I've always struggled with my weight but for the last several months haven't budged. Good that I haven't gained any more :) but making no progress and not happy with current weight. Hoping to share success with others who aren't letting menopause get in the way of maintaining a healthy body. I just don't feel comfortable seeing how I look these days in the mirror and it kind of makes me want to hide from the world.

Replies

• goldspaula
    Options
    Good Morning!

I so agree. I've been on here since August and have lost 34 pounds so far. It is harder after PM changes from pre-menstrual to post-menopausal!!! Especially until you can get rid of any anti-depressants that the doctor may have talked you into during the transition. But it can be done!

Good luck on your journey!!! Let me know if I can help in any way.
  • DeBlue
    Options
    Wow congrats at such great progress! I think once you are on a roll like this it is easier to keep going. You'll make it!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I'm not quite there yet, 45 and about 50-80 pounds overweight (depending on who's ideal weight you go by :)
    Looking for friends to help with motivation too!!
    My daily food diary keeps telling me I'll weigh under 200 pounds in 5 weeks if I keep it up!!
    Four day weekend with so much food around coming up, committed to keeping up my work outs and being reasonable with my food, do not want to keep losing and gaining the same 20 pounds!!
    Feel free to add me, I'm fairly new here and only have a couple "friends" here.
  • DeBlue
    Options
    3# gone over a big holiday weekend! I'm encouraged. If I can nudge this to 5# and more, I'll feel like I can make it!

2967818.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter