What do you do for pasta?

Options
124»

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have been hearing a lot about the spaghetti squash and other. I actualy saw Sweet Potato pasta the other day. As for lasagna, I make a zucchini one and eggplant.

The spaghetti squash really isn't bad at all--just a lot of work.
    Why a lot of work? Place squash on damp folded towel to stabilize. Place blade of butcher knife on squash to cut length wise, put folded towel over knife blade. Use hammer to gently tap knife thru the squash. Scrape out seeds. Put squash halves cut side down in covered microwave dish with half cup of water nuke for 5 min and check. When a knife easily pierces skin you can scrape out the flesh easily and it is ready to serve. Whole process usually takes about 15 min.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been eating ramen noodles. Quinoa or couscous, on occasion.

I have heard of a Vegetti--it turns vegetables into pasta-like strands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzakpyeZ940
    I haven't tried the device, but it looks interesting.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ExploreAsiaNoodlesLg.jpg

Explore Asia pastas are made from legumes like soy and mung beans, and they have a ton of protein. They're not quite the smooth texture I'm used to from pasta, but they're still a pretty good substitute.

Also, spaghetti squash.

This. The black bean pasta has 180 calories 25 grams protien, &12g fiber. Waaaayyyy healthier than regular pasta.
  • MysteriousDreamer
    MysteriousDreamer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta.

Yummy.