Exercise cals

BettyBeth14
BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
i know there's lots of threads already but I don't have time to work all the way through....

I'm gonna have about 300 cals left after I go to my exercise class tonight...should I eat these cals? Or not? My food cals are around 1350....x

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    If you feel hungry eat them, if you dont then leave them. Bear in mind that most people think the calories burned are way over estimated on here.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    The minimum you should consume is 1200 Net (1200 calories plus exercise calories). So if you normally eat 1350 and burn, say 300 cals at the gym it would be as if you ate only 1050 (1350-300) calories so you should eat an extra 150 at a minimum. In total if you burned 300 cals and your regular intake is 1350 you should eat between 1500 (1200+300) and 1650(1350+300).
  • I would say go by how you feel as well. Definitely make sure that you drink lots of water after. However, whether you choose to eat those calories or not should depend on whether you feel you need them.
  • Yes, you should.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I eat some of them, up to 50%, but leave margin for error in my calculations.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    The website strongly recommends that you eat your exercise calories. Theoretically, if you don't eat your exercise calories on a regular basis, your body could go into starvation mode and make it harder to lose weight.

Now, one time of eating 300 calories less than you should is not exactly going to put you there. However, over the long run, it is a good idea to eat most of your exercise calories.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    I sometimes like to use those extra deficits as my 'splurge.' If there's something you normally deprive yourself of that won't cause you to go over your daily calories, go for it.

For me, being able to treat myself sometimes and not go over my calories is a big motivating factor for exercising!
  • angelden4
    angelden4 Posts: 10 Member
    on Rosemary Conley you eat the calories for your basic metabolic rate (mine is 1400 calories per day) which is the amount of calories you would burn if you stayed in bed all day. Then every bit of activity or exercise you do will mean you are burning fat stores. This means you lose weight quicker but if I want an extra treat I use my exercise calories.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Eat 'em!!! That's why we exercise! Eat 'em Eat 'em Eat 'em!!!!
This discussion has been closed.