18 years old. Out of shape?????

Options
I'm 18 I weight 139 & I'm 5"3 I don't "look" overweight but I am...I'm really out of shape I just joined a gym and I'm trying to achieve a bigger butt & get toned , I did squats Tuesday and my thighs were sore for 5 days!! And I've been counting calories I eat little snacks all day that are healthy I been going over calories or under calories !! I'm suppose to have 1,470 a day ...anyway any tips on getting a bigger butt like excersizes and how to start out with being really out of shape ??

Replies

• TrenAbe
    TrenAbe Posts: 26
    Options
    Squats, wide stance squats, deadlifts and lunges with a barbell on your back, none of that dumbell nonsense. I know I'm a guy but girls ask me this all the time lol
  • ashleynelson95
    ashleynelson95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many a day?
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to get in shape, I'd suggest using an app, or printing out a directed workout to start. Nike Training Club is really nice, and my volleyball club used it. If you're not used to exercising, start out as low as possible though - it kicks butt. It also has directed workouts for certain areas, like butt, back, arms, legs etc. If you have an iPhone/iTouch there's also Hot5, which I don't use (Android) but I've heard good things about.

The good thing about these two is a) they have video so you can see what you're supposed to be doing, and b) they're timed so you can a lot a certain amount of time after your day, and if you are at a point where you can't do say, fifty russian twists, you don't feel obligated. Just push yourself to do what you can. They also take a lot of the guess work out of working out.

If you don't have a smartphone, there's also printable workouts available online - just look!
  • Aguilera1995
    Options
    You are going to do excellent
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Running is a good idea if you're "out of shape." If you're not a runner, maybe start with walking or do something like the C25K program to develop your endurance level. Strength training is also a good idea to shape and tone your muscles. If you pair up cardio routines with strength training/weights, you'll see faster results. Yoga and pilates are also good for toning and firming.