TMI!! Girls only please

Options
I tried to post this once before but I guess it didnt work, and I need help like RIGHT NOW.

I am an A cup, I have little bumps instead of boobs, they are quite pitiful but they dont bother me when I exercise, at least not until now. While showing last night I discovered (after being in EXCRUCIATING PAIN) that one of my nipples are chaffed. Just a tiny little bit, and just one of them, but damn it does it hurt! I normally wear a sports bra while working out or a top with the shelf bra built in despite the fact that I dont need it bounce wise. I've considered bras more of a decoration than anything but still wear them out of habit. I dont know how this happened, its never happened before, I have NO IDEA what to do about it, there is a bandaid over my nipple right now but I feel weird about that, and the idea of ripping it off at any point scares me a little too. What can I do for some relief here? The bandaid helped me get through this mornings workout but I cant wear a bandaid over my nipple all of the time, or is that what I have to do? what can I put on it? PLEASE tell me I am not the only one with this issue?

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Runners have this problem a lot and from what I know bandaids are pretty much the standard practive. There is also this stuff you can also try body glide which is supposed to prevent chafing.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I haven't heard of this before, but as a mom who has breastfed before, I would suggest going into the breastfeeding section of Target (or wherever)....there's nipple cream there that should definetly help you out. :wink:
  • tgch123
    tgch123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    go to walmart or drug store and go to the baby section and get a small tube of Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers it is a cream you can put on them that will soothe your nips and heal them. Trust me it WORKS! hope that helps
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I haven't heard of this before, but as a mom who has breastfed before, I would suggest going into the breastfeeding section of Target (or wherever)....there's nipple cream there that should definetly help you out. :wink:

It's called lanolin, and it should definitely help.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Double post
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I tried to post this once before but I guess it didnt work, and I need help like RIGHT NOW.

I am an A cup, I have little bumps instead of boobs, they are quite pitiful but they dont bother me when I exercise, at least not until now. While showing last night I discovered (after being in EXCRUCIATING PAIN) that one of my nipples are chaffed. Just a tiny little bit, and just one of them, but damn it does it hurt! I normally wear a sports bra while working out or a top with the shelf bra built in despite the fact that I dont need it bounce wise. I've considered bras more of a decoration than anything but still wear them out of habit. I dont know how this happened, its never happened before, I have NO IDEA what to do about it, there is a bandaid over my nipple right now but I feel weird about that, and the idea of ripping it off at any point scares me a little too. What can I do for some relief here? The bandaid helped me get through this mornings workout but I cant wear a bandaid over my nipple all of the time, or is that what I have to do? what can I put on it? PLEASE tell me I am not the only one with this issue?

I know that runners (typically men) who get chaffed nipples, and even bloody nipples have used vaseline before their run. Maybe you should start doing that before working out. I would also stick to a sports bra and not just a top with a shelf bra in it. I think the shelf bra probably allows the shirt to move around quite a bit and could still cause problems for you.
  • MLgarcia3
    Options
    Aquaphor will help! Love that stuff!
  • ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone! And to whomever wrote about men with bloody nipples YIKES! If mine got to the point of bleeding I dont know what I would do!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Monistat makes this antichaffing stuff. Comes in a little purple tube. You can find it over in the "feminine Washes" section next to the Eve brand stuff, or by the condoms.