strength training

I am just curious as to why when I put in my strength training exercises that I have done why doesn't that count towards calories burned? Sorry if this is a silly questions but I am fairly new to this.

Replies

• tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    Not sure specifically which program you're working, but I'm just going to take a guess here. For me, I burn probably 50% of the calories I would burn if I were doing some type of cardio. So maybe they just don't count it because it's not enough to make it worth the count?
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    you don't really burn that much calories from lifting heavy weight.

just lift heavy stuff and eat a post-workout meal

you get great gains from Recovering
  • zodan1976
    zodan1976 Posts: 30 Member
    I am just doing basic right now. leg lifts. crunches, lunges, arms. I logged yesterday 10 each at three rep and I didn't earn any extra calories. And also I'm not really looking for extra calories. I just have a lot of weight to lose and I am really just looking to tone my body so that it goes back to somewhat normal instead of a lot of saggy skin?
  • Holisticallylivin
    Holisticallylivin Posts: 8 Member
    Mix cardio and body weight strength training. It really helps.

It's so tiring and really hard to get motivated, but like you said your motivation is to tone your body.

I create alot of routines based on what types I see online and just do them at home for about 30 to an hr a day.

for example, 30 sec jogging, 30 sec push ups, 30 sec squats, 30 sec high knees, etc.

Get your heart rate up and you will know and feel your body toning.

Oh and remember to stretch because after doing this for the first time, i forgot to stretch and could barely get out of bed.
  • ecphillips1286
    ecphillips1286 Posts: 331 Member
    I asked a similar question about a week ago. Many responses I got were that you don't burn many calories weight training, if it's an intense workout with heavy weights figure in about 3 calories per minute if with short rest periods. Your cardio is where you burn the most calories.