Herbalife 21 day cleanse... PLEASE HELP

Hello,
I started Herbalife's 21 day cleanse on Tuesday morning, and I am really worried. I haven't had a regular bowel movement since I started. I drink over a gallon of water a day and my stools have become small and hard. My consultant says this is normal, but I thought this was supposed to cleanse and detoxify... If I am not going, aren't the toxins just building up in my system? Can anyone else give me advice on this product?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    There is no benefit to doing a cleanse. In fact, they are bad for you. They are likely to mess up your bowel functions temporarily. There are no "toxins" in your body that the Herbalife cleanse is helping remove. If there are toxins in your system, your kidneys, spleen, etc., filter them out. The micro-biota that live in your gut are necessary for health. Cleaning them out with a cleanse is counter productive.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    If the product is causing constipation, stop taking it.

If you're not about to have a colonoscopy, there probably isn't a medical or scientifically backed reason for a "cleanse" any way. The body naturally removes "toxins" without forced flushing. Best case you temporarily lose water weight ... worst case you upset the micro-organisms in your digestive tract that you need to digest food and survive.
  • tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    I can't agree with the above posters more. It's BS.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    I didn't choose the Herbalife, the Herbalife chose me.
    Or tried to.
    But I shot it cause it's thtoopit.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Are you eating enough fat while taking these supplements? 3 things needed for proper digestion: adequate fiber, water, and fat.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    I am unfamiliar with the protocol for this cleanse because I don't think cleanses hold any actual value. However, no bowel movement for such an extended period of time IS cause for concern. I would highly recommend you stop what you are doing and consult a medical professional.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Hello,
    I started Herbalife's 21 day cleanse on Tuesday morning, and I am really worried. I haven't had a regular bowel movement since I started. I drink over a gallon of water a day and my stools have become small and hard. My consultant says this is normal, but I thought this was supposed to cleanse and detoxify... If I am not going, aren't the toxins just building up in my system? Can anyone else give me advice on this product?
    You were scammed.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Hello,
    Can anyone else give me advice on this product?
    Yes, I advise to throw it away. it takes money from your pocket and really has no health benefits. If you want to want to poop, eat real food.

By the way, of course your rep told you that what you are experiencing is normal because he/she wants you to keep buying the product.
  • I've done cleanses before, but would only recommend doing them under qualified regular supervision and certainly not just on Herbalife.

That's not what the products were intended for.

Can help you more if you tell me what exactly the cleanse entails?

Adrian.