Kettle Bell?

Options
I just bought a 10lb Kettle Bell at one of my local discount clothing stores because it was only $10. I'm planning on starting a weight training program in October - delay due to other plans and then a planned cataract operation. but until my operation, I thought I'd replace some strength training cardio classes with this kettle bell and a couple of resistance bands.

So, does this sound lke the right weight or should I have gotten the 15 lb (which I still could exchange it for). I have been doing three strength training cardio classes, including 2 of body pump, a week. In those classes, I am using 20 - 30lb combos, either free weights or the light weight bar.

Replies

• fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It is a nice place to start, but it is VERY light for a kettlebell. I think the average female handbag weighs more.
    So if you really want to train with a kettlebell, try to get something in the 20-26 lbs range or so.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I haad a feeling it was too light. I already took it out of the packing, but I think they'll take it back. I signed up for them to remember my receipt. Thanks. I'll use the one at the gym.