Anyone have a body bugg?? Got one yesterday...!!

Options
I got the body bugg that Ali wore on the biggest loser... and I LOVE IT! It told me how many calories I have to burn, eat and how much I'm deficient. I wore it all day, entered my food, uploaded it just now and I burned over 3000 calories today and it even told me how many steps i took today.. way way way cool...

Anyone else have one?

If you want to know more check it out. www.bodybugg.com

:bigsmile:

Replies

• familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I got the body bugg that Ali wore on the biggest loser... and I LOVE IT! It told me how many calories I have to burn, eat and how much I'm deficient. I wore it all day, entered my food, uploaded it just now and I burned over 3000 calories today and it even told me how many steps i took today.. way way way cool...

Anyone else have one?

If you want to know more check it out. www.bodybugg.com

:bigsmile:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Looks great but way out of my price range. have fun with it!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had the body bugg and lost 60 pounds wearing it. It's great, it even breaks down how many calories you burned at any given time so you will be able to figure out which workouts are the most effective. There's so much information that you can get from it, it's amazing. The trick is to wear it ALL the time, except for when you sleep. Good luck with it.
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    Boy, I think I may know what I'm getting myself for my birthday or Christmas.
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    It sounds amazing! How does it track how many calories you have eaten? That is the only part I don't understand.
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had the body bugg and lost 60 pounds wearing it. It's great, it even breaks down how many calories you burned at any given time so you will be able to figure out which workouts are the most effective. There's so much information that you can get from it, it's amazing. The trick is to wear it ALL the time, except for when you sleep. Good luck with it.
    why can't you wear it when you sleep?
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It sounds amazing! How does it track how many calories you have eaten? That is the only part I don't understand.

You log in the calories that you eat, then you download the bodybugg nightly so you can do a comparison of what you ate compared to what you actually burned. It's a lot more accurate since it's really only an estimate of calories burned the way we log our exercise now, as everyone burns at a different rate.

And you can actually wear it when you sleep,but you're burning minimal calories when you sleep unless you're a constant tosser. But I'm a side sleeper and it would bother me to sleep on that lump on my arm. The bodybugg takes in consideration of sleep and does actually put minimal calories burned for when you're not wearing it, that's why it's critical to wear it all the time during waking hours, otherwise it would assume that you are burning minimal calories only.

Since I've lost all that weight and am less than 10 pounds to my goal weight, I gave mine to my sister to use and she has lost 20 pounds so far.
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Around how much do they cost?
  • familybugs
    Options
    I got mine at 24 hr fitness for 249.00
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You burned 3000? That seems like a lot. Were you exercising?
    How does it know how many calories you burned?
  • familybugs
    Options
    yes i did... funny thing is that I had to set it all up yesterday morning so I didn't put it on until 11am and wore it until 9pm and uploaded to the computer and I was in shock!! I enter my calories on their website just like i do here... only part I don't like cause i'm double entering because i love this site so much!

This is the science behind it:

The bodybugg™ is the most accurate device on the market today for measuring calorie expenditure outside of a clinical setting.

It utilizes a patented process for interpreting calorie burn called "sensor fusion" developed by BodyMedia, Inc. This process involves collecting a range of body-data using multiple physiological sensors instead of a single sensor, which is what other calorie estimation devices such as pedometers and heart rate monitors rely on. It's this multi-sensor approach that enables bodybugg™ to "see" the wearer's context (whether they are sitting, sleeping, jogging, walking, etc.) that makes bodybugg™ such a reliably accurate device for calorie expenditure estimation.

The Physiological Sensors
    Here is a list of the sensors in the bodybugg™ followed by a short description of how they contribute to energy expenditure estimation.

Accelerometer - The accelerometer in bodybugg™ is a two-axis micro-electro-mechanical sensor (MEMS) device that measures motion. This motion can be mapped to forces (g-force) exerted on the body. By taking gravity and motion into account along with the other sensor data, the wearer's body context and true level of physical exertion can be accurately predicted.

Heat Flux - The bodybugg™ also contains a proprietary heat flux sensor located on the side that measures the amount of heat being dissipated by the body via a thermally resistant material. In short, this sensor measure how much heat the wearer's body is giving off. Heat flux is an important parameter because the body tends to heat up the faster it burns calories.

Galvanic Skin Response - Better known as GSR, this sensor is comprised of two "hypo-allergenic" stainless steel electrodes on the back of the armband that measure skin conductivity. Skin conductivity is how much an electrical current can pass between two points on the surface of the skin and is affected by sweat due to physical exertion as well as emotional stimuli such as psychological stress.

Skin Temperature - Skin temperature is measured by using a highly accurate thermistor-based sensor located on the back of the bodybugg™. Looking at continuous measurement of skin temperature in conjunction with data collected from the other sensors can reveal the body's core temperature trends which are affected by the level of a person's physical exertion or lack thereof.

The data these 4 sensors collect, in conjunction with the wearer's specific body parameters (age, gender, height, weight) enable the most accurate estimation of energy expenditure on the market today outside of a clinical setting.
  • familybugs
    Options
    You burned 3000? That seems like a lot. Were you exercising?

I went to the gym and did 20 mins of running on the treadmill and then my resistant training weights and 400 sit ups. Did it all in 1 hour.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    does anyone besides 24 hour fitness sale them.. I do not have one of those gyms near me?
  • familybugs
    Options
    does anyone besides 24 hour fitness sale them.. I do not have one of those gyms near me?

Not that I"m aware of but, you can buy online for same price at www.bodybugg.com