Calorie deficit

Options
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask you for help. I´m 174cm tall, 68kg and my goal is 60kg. I do strenght training 4 times a week and cardio 4 times a week where I burn 500kcal. How much should I eat to lose weight/fat ? My BMR should be around 1400kcal but most of the time I eat only less then 1200 and then binge because I´m scared to eat more when I want to lose weight. Thank you for your advice.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    How many calories does MFP tell you to eat? Since you only have 8kg to lose, you should set your goal to lose 0.25kg per week, and MFP will give you a deficit of 250 calories per day. You've already identified the problem with eating too little- it sets you up for failure and you are more likely to binge. Aim for a small deficit and slow weight loss and you will find it much more sustainable, and set you up for long-term success. :)
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    if your BMR is about 1400kcal, you shouldn't be eating much under that. i'm assuming your math is correct here - if your BMR is 1400kcal and you're exercising away 500kcal a day, you are only taking in 900kcal - that's not enough! i have a lot more than a few kg/lb to lose, but i learned the hard way that not eating enough makes your body hold onto fat. on the days you exercise, try to eat back at least a couple hundred calories so you never net less than 1200kcal.

you say you're scared to eat more? have you ever talked to a doctor about your diet choices? based on your height and weight, i would think you shouldn't lose too much weight. what weight does your doctor want you to shoot for?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    In U.S. terms, you're 5'9" an you weigh 150 lbs., which is normal weight for your range. I don't know how your BMR can be only 1400 calories a day at your height and activity level. I'm 5'2" and 120, about the same activity level, and mine is higher than that.