New to MFP

Options
And loving it so far... I've been killing all kinds of time on the site the past few days, thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. Found MFP when looking for a diet and fitness tracker for my iPod. I'm loving the tools so far, and the community looks awesome.

I'm 38 years old, from Edmonton, Canada. Married, no kids, but I have a very spoiled dog and cat. I works as a government policy advisor, which most days is more fun than it sounds. I'm down 10 lbs from my all time highest, which I am not proud to say I hit this summer, and I'm looking to lose another 25 lbs. This site and the tools are going to be a huge help!

I work out at home - have over the years set myself up with treadmill, a recumbent bike, a bench and dumbbells and bands, and the past month or so they've been getting more use. Bought P90X last summer, but have been afraid to try it. Earlier this fall I tried a series of HIIT classes, and I loved that, so am thinking I might be OK to do the X now. Or the new Bob Harper "Inside Out" DVDs, that looks like fun in a sick kind of way :wink:

Anyway, I'm determined to keep up my momentum, and I'll be hanging around here for motivation. Looking forward to getting to know everybody!

Replies

• CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    man i need 2 move 2 canada, u got u self an awesum home gym it sounds like
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you have the right attitude and the right equipment to get the job done. Feel free to add me as a friend so I can be a part of your support circle.

Best wishes! :happy:
  • _Sarah_
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    I just have to say .. I love the WEM :)
    I miss it. That's the only thing I miss about Edmonton.