no more Asmanex for me

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
after going to my pulmonolgist this morning , I was told to stop using my inhaler, the Asmanex 220 mg Inhaler

Why? Because of my focused plan to change my eating, nutrition and exercise , I have lost 119 lbs, and dont need it anymore. :)

Also, I am now doing 3 hours of cardio, (30 mins of weight strength training, 1 hour on the Precore Eliptical, 1 hour on the Precore Treadmill, and 30 mins on the stationary bike.) (5 - 6 times a week , and 2 hours on Sunday) I start at 5 30 in the am.

My pulmonogist congratulated me, told me my lungs are in great shape, and told me to stop using the inhaler, as the only reason why I did was ,was to be able to stay on a treadmill more than 10 minutes. I couldnt run or exercise more than 10 mins in Feb of this year.......I weighed 350 lbs,

Ive lost 119 lbs, and dropped 14 inches in my waist, gone from a 52 inch to 38, and they are now getting lose as well, January Ill be wearing 36 inch waist pants, lol, and wanna hear something funny?

My feet are 2 sizes smaller, lol......as God is my witness, I cant keep my loafers on......My feel got smaller too, lol

To all the folks who think they cant do it, trust me, lol, you can........I felt like a freak show, walking into a gym at 350 lbs, waddeling onto a tread mill for only 10 mins, because my exercise induced asthma controlled me, and then having to get off and leave.........talk about shame.......

Again, Im there 3 hours, and I can deal with it...... Im wieght and height proportional and dont look like the mess I was.......

Im not who I was, and I aint going back.......anyone whos been in my shoes knows exactly what Im talking about........

Obesity kills, and Im not ready to go............ Im focused, and Im toned and most important.......IM HEALTHY.....

Happy Turkey day folks, thanks for being in my corner.......... (the new) Lloyd

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    great news im inspired
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :smile: Way to stick to your guns and stay strong. Be proud that you not only look good, but you are also healthy. Thanks for sharing your news and keeping everyone motivated. Enjoy your holiday!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration Lloyd!!! Happy Turkey Day.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Wow you have done so well - congratulations
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! You are a total testament to the fact that it CAN be done.....no excuses!
  • angellynn261
    Options
    You are amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    That is incredible! Great job man. Just be careful not to over work yourself at the gym 3 hours a day is a lot.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!! Go Lloyd! I am so happy for you! Getting off of meds is definitely a success! *happy dance for Lloyd*
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    How inspiring!!! Congrats on the new healthier you!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    great inspiration, great great geat job
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Congratulations on your awesome success .. a head to toe weight loss. Awesome!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    What brilliant news!! I know I'll always have asthma, as I tried coming off my inhaler before, but its a fact that asthma improves with exercise for most of us.

What an awesome job you've done!

You're a true inspiration :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh congrats on the good health! That is simply amazing:cry: this is what it is all about,.:drinker: Cheers!~
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    after going to my pulmonolgist this morning , I was told to stop using my inhaler, the Asmanex 220 mg Inhaler

Why? Because of my focused plan to change my eating, nutrition and exercise , I have lost 119 lbs, and dont need it anymore. :)

Also, I am now doing 3 hours of cardio, (30 mins of weight strength training, 1 hour on the Precore Eliptical, 1 hour on the Precore Treadmill, and 30 mins on the stationary bike.) (5 - 6 times a week , and 2 hours on Sunday) I start at 5 30 in the am.

My pulmonogist congratulated me, told me my lungs are in great shape, and told me to stop using the inhaler, as the only reason why I did was ,was to be able to stay on a treadmill more than 10 minutes. I couldnt run or exercise more than 10 mins in Feb of this year.......I weighed 350 lbs,

Ive lost 119 lbs, and dropped 14 inches in my waist, gone from a 52 inch to 38, and they are now getting lose as well, January Ill be wearing 36 inch waist pants, lol, and wanna hear something funny?

My feet are 2 sizes smaller, lol......as God is my witness, I cant keep my loafers on......My feel got smaller too, lol

To all the folks who think they cant do it, trust me, lol, you can........I felt like a freak show, walking into a gym at 350 lbs, waddeling onto a tread mill for only 10 mins, because my exercise induced asthma controlled me, and then having to get off and leave.........talk about shame.......

Again, Im there 3 hours, and I can deal with it...... Im wieght and height proportional and dont look like the mess I was.......

Im not who I was, and I aint going back.......anyone whos been in my shoes knows exactly what Im talking about........

Obesity kills, and Im not ready to go............ Im focused, and Im toned and most important.......IM HEALTHY.....

Happy Turkey day folks, thanks for being in my corner.......... (the new) Lloyd

Lloyd- This is GREAT GREAT NEWS! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. 3 hours is a lot. You inspire me. You have lost 119 lb in 10 months? That is amazing news! :)
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Congrats! You're amazing!
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    Lloyd....YOU ROCK!! I am so excited for you, and, you must be doing the happy dance everyday. What you have achieved is truely amazing, and you have earned your new life of feeling great and looking great, we all know it is a long hard road! So happy you are getting off your med's. You inspire me every day. Have a wonderful "turkey day"!!!!!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    That's an amazing feat, Lloyd! Great job! It's totally inspiring. Congrats to you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!