light headed?

Options
So I was doing the 30 DS today and I did level 1 as I wasn't feeling great. Not sick, just off. Anyways I couldn't even finish it as I kept getting light-headed. I have been doing level 2, 4-5 x week for 2 weeks now and did level 1 for 3 weeks before that. Anyways, I had lunch about two hours ago and have had 2 liters of water already today. So, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I usually work out in the morning, but couldn't today. TIA for your help.

Replies

• mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    This happened to me a few days ago when I went to the gym. It seems that the solution for me is to have a small hig protein snack like a hard boiled egg or something. So maybe eat something before you work out.
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    To me, I could be wrong, it sound like what I get, low blood pressure - it may not be that dangerous but it is better than high blood pressure - does it happen when you get up from a position? Does it go away once you get your balance? A protein snack could also help. Could be your blood sugar which would mean a hard boiled egg would come in handy. See if this helps.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try adding protein or healthy fats (raw almonds/cashews/pecans or organic trail mix of nuts and seeds).
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Thanks you guys, before I starting losing weight (4.5 months ago) my dr put me on bp meds as I was having sudden spikes causing me to pass out. I am wondering if I still need to be on as I have been experencing other symptoms that my bp is too low. I think I will make a follow-up with my dr and see if this is the case. Once I get my balance again I am good to go, but then it happens again. I think I will also try the snack. With working out in the morning usually it's right (within 45 min) of having breakfast, so I will try that also.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Probably just low blood sugar. You said you normally work out in the mornings.. What do you normally eat before those workouts? What did you eat before todays workout?
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Last week my first 2 days of 30 day shred I did in the evening after supper, I was so dizzy and light headed.... no idea why!!!! I hate that feeling! I had eaten, and had drank plenty of water!!