30 day Shred questions

Options
Hey guys,

So I love my 4 fast miles by Leslie Sansone DVD, but I need some variety on days (like today), when I can't get to the gym. I asked for p90x for Christmas, but don't think its going to happen because it is too pricey.

So I've been hearing about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and was wondering what were some results people had?

I just bought the DVD dirt cheap on amazon, so I'm hoping it will give me good results! Thanks

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just started it and only did it 3 or 4 days last week...... then life got in the way.
    I don't know about results, but I do know it kicked my butt, literally and I sweat buckets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    get p90x on craigs list... most people havent even opend it and they are willing to sell it for $60!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I did it for a month and it really defined my legs. It's no easy task if you are a beginner so I would recommend doing it three times a week to give your body time to relax. After you're done with it I really suggest you get her burn fat boost metabolism, I lost a lot with that dvd alone lol. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am only on Day 3 of Level 1...so my two cents might not count...
    But my upper arm, thigh and calf muscles feel super defined.
    I was sore on Day 1, when I woke up the next day I was feeling
    muscles I had never seen show up in the mirror when I moved, lol

I plan on doing my measurements after a week, but I can already see
    what my tape measure will say. Pounds wise, no significant changes...yet :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I think it's a solid workout. I did a review of Shred on my mfp blog. We did levels 1,2,3 back to back one morning. The next day I was sore as heck. Each level is 20 minutes long. It doesn't have a timer on it like P90X does, so you never know when the cr@p is done. That is the only downside. I think it's a great precursor workout to P90X. i recommend combining two levels to get a longer workout. 20 minutes just wasn't long enough for me.
  • lizzy755
    Options
    I'm on about day 13 at the moment, 2nd attempt at it. The first time I did it I was sore for about 2 days and then I quickly got into the rhythm of it. I didn't finish because of 'life' things. This time round it's going better, have lost an inch off almost everything so far, not sure about weight loss. My arms actually have visible muscles too now!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My results have been amazing!!
    I'm getting tight & toned! I'm doing 30 day shred, trouble zones & burn fat & boost metabolism. There is a 30 day slim down in which you use all three videos! It is amazing & effective! These workouts will kick your butt! They have gotten easier somewhat... Lol I finally decided to try level 3 of the shred today (after 2 months of all 3 videos) and I won't do it again soon! Lol! Omg!! Jillian is a sadist! Yes, I still love her but..... When I started I was so sore I didn't understand how people could do it 30 days in a row...you will feel it! Has to be the most intense 20 minute workout out there!!!
    Start with 30 day shred...
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed it! Managed about 23 days and then things got in the way!

It really is a good level to start on..mixing cardio in with strength and abs! Can I just advise you to leave out the knee circles in the first level if you do decide to start? It is not a natural exercise for the knee and can result in injury!

Replace them with neck circles or another move that you like.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :laugh: She is a sadist :laugh:

"I want you to feel like you're going to DIE" :laugh:

Some people don't like her...I think she is fab! Let us know how you get on!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just did my 1st day today... so I guess we will see how it goes! I hope I have great results like everyone else here. I plan on doing it in addition to the cardio I do almost everyday. :) If you can't tell I'm looking for big results by Christmas.
  • rachelburton28
    rachelburton28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds brilliant!!
    I'm definately going to try it!
    i've heard that you can download it online, is this worthwhile?
    Whats the best dvd to try?
    i really want to loosed weight by christmas!!
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet...I'm scared :embarassed:

I think I'm going to try and start it today...we'll see how it goes.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I did it the first time in April - 30 days in a row, 10 at each level. When I started I thought I was going to die. Then Level 1 got a little easier (it is NEVER easy, but I stopped feeling like I was going to die), and I hit Level 2. THAT is where Jillian is at her sadistic best. I STILL hate that level. While Level 3 is supposedly the most challenging of all of them, it *felt* easier to me. It's probably my favorite. I did it that first time with 3 pound weights.

The first time through I lost 12 pounds!

I've incorporated other things into my routine now, and 30 Day Shred is something I'll occasionally pull out for a cross-training day, especially if I'm challenged for time or like the other day just don't want to work out. I can usually manage to talk myself into 20 minutes. LOL. I have just bumped up to 5 pound weights...and yeah, it's really tough again. But I don't want to stagnate. So bump up I must.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 and feeling extreme soreness. I didnt think i'd get through the second day. I did have to take a minute or 2 break in the middle. i just thought yesterday was challenging. today was worse with the soreness i have going on! hopefully i can make it 30 days. im just curious to see what results i get even though i still need lbs to drop!