Too busy for breakfast?

Options
Hey everyone,
So I'm pretty busy on a regular day and happen to be one of those people that always over sleep then end up rushing to get ready and out the door. This usually leads to me not having time to make a good breakfast and usually have to resort to something quick to prepare and easy to take with me or I forget completely and go the morning without any food. I've been making peanutbutter and dried cranberry/cherry sandwiches when I remember but when I started logging them I noticed the fat levels.

I was wondering what other busy individuals do for their breakfast routines and if there is any advice on quick nutritional meals that require little to no prep time, help you feel full and that you can take on the go? Also any other breakfast tips and advice would be awesome (always grew up without having breakfast so this 'eating-breakfast-thing' is pretty new to me in general hah).

Thanks guys!

Replies

• ctheslayer
    Options
    I pack the fridge with 6oz. individual containers of Fage nonfat plain yogurt and Knudsen to go lowfat cottage cheese. I grab 'em on my way out and eat them as I get settled at work. That and some fruit usually get me to a good start on weekdays. :)
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It isn't the absolute fastest, but one of my favourites is to have an apple along with a whole wheat English muffin toasted with peanut butter.

If you add in a yogurt cup or a glass of milk, its a pretty well rounded and decently low cal meal.

:)
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    The Costco Weight Loss shakes are really good as long as they are cold. Try those, just keep them in the fridge and pull one out when you are on you way out the door!
  • mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    One of my favourite things to do is make bircher muesli and keep it in the fridge. Just have to grab a bowl in the morning and it is ready to go. I often put it in a tupperware bowl and eat it at my desk.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    eat some peanut butter! have instant oatmeal with you, so u can add water and pop in the microwave for a minute, a banana and yogurt, hard boiled eggs made the night before, cereal bar and a cup of milk, over night oats (google it) and thats about it from what i can thinkof but would love more ideas as well!
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i eat a special k protein bar or some sort of granola bar most mornings if i don't get a chance to sit down and have some cereal.
  • bethhoover
    Options
    I recommend starting your day with Herbalife Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake. It is 25 grams of protein, plant based carbohydrates and is very filling especially if you throw in some frozen fruit or half a banana. Having this shake within 30 mins of waking up will help you to increase your metabolism by 34%...burn fat...stablize blood sugar & get your morning protein requirements. Not to mention it taste great & is perfect for on the Go!!
  • mtwd65
    mtwd65 Posts: 51
    Options
    Do you need to declare an interest here? You sound like a distributor.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My husband needs a high protein breakfast, and he's out the door.

I buy him frozen, cooked, grilled chicken breasts and whole wheat buns.

He puts a piece of chicken on a bun and puts it into a plastic bag, and in the fridge in the evening.

On his way out he grabs the sandwich and pops it into the microwave until it's hot, and then he eats it in the car on his way to work.

It gets him going with the protein he needs, but very low in fat.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I recommend starting your day with Herbalife Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake. It is 25 grams of protein, plant based carbohydrates and is very filling especially if you throw in some frozen fruit or half a banana. Having this shake within 30 mins of waking up will help you to increase your metabolism by 34%...burn fat...stablize blood sugar & get your morning protein requirements. Not to mention it taste great & is perfect for on the Go!!

She recommend pretty much the same thing on a post I started, I would assume she is a distributor
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a fiber one bar or grab an instant breakfast.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm often in this boat too. I try to have cereal bars/nutrigrain bars that I keep in my desk at work. I'm always looking for healthy alternatives that don't need cooked, since I'm a teacher and don' thave access to these things in my room.

Shannon