Some need to see it visually

Options
I am sure others have done this before. My husband and I got into a debate over this and I had to show him on our white board for him to 'get it' lol. hope this helps others:

1200 calories eaten
-500 calories burned
700 total calories absorbed into the body

This puts us at a 500 calorie deficit, therefore, yes its important to eat those exercise calories. Whether its been burned late at night or not. No matter what number you plug into cals eaten or burned. I know for some of you its easy to get this, but for some of us it needs to be spelled out :)

Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving!!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that if you are using MFP's recommended calorie goals there is already a deficit built in.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that if you are using MFP's recommended calorie goals there is already a deficit built in.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Yes! True. I was refering to the ones who wondered why they should eat their exercise cals that MFP calculates in for them :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Some eat them, some don't, some eat some of them, it really is up to the individual and how they feel.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Some eat them, some don't, some eat some of them, it really is up to the individual and how they feel.

ok...i was only trying to help those that DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY eating exercise calories was considered so important. For those that dont then that fine, for those that do thats fine to. for those that wonder why...well just giving a visual mathematical equation for them. Really...this wasnt meant to offend anyone
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

ok...i was only trying to help those that DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY eating exercise calories was considered so important. For those that dont then that fine, for those that do thats fine to. for those that wonder why...well just giving a visual mathematical equation for them. Really...this wasnt meant to offend anyone

Whoa!! Why are you getting so uppity?

I wasn't offended in the slightest and when I replied, I didn't intend in anyway, shape or form to try to offend you.

I was just making a comment...... lol