I bought one of those ball thingies...

Options
Hokay, so now I have a 3' diameter pink ball in my living room. :grumble:

I never buy "those" types of gadgets... :noway:

But it was shiny and pink, so I had to make the purchase. :blushing:

Once summer hits here the humidity will be unbearable so I need to keep myself entertained inside during the afternoons. :sad:

Does anyone else use the big ball for workouts? I really wish I had a ball buddy. I would love suggestions on how to use this thing! :flowerforyou:

So far I can kick it (not supposed to), bounce it (book says no-no), bowl for the dog with it (he jumps around it wagging), and I can stick it in the bathtub. :bigsmile:

Anyone else using this thing? :tongue:

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay, so now I have a 3' diameter pink ball in my living room. :grumble:

I never buy "those" types of gadgets... :noway:

But it was shiny and pink, so I had to make the purchase. :blushing:

Once summer hits here the humidity will be unbearable so I need to keep myself entertained inside during the afternoons. :sad:

Does anyone else use the big ball for workouts? I really wish I had a ball buddy. I would love suggestions on how to use this thing! :flowerforyou:

So far I can kick it (not supposed to), bounce it (book says no-no), bowl for the dog with it (he jumps around it wagging), and I can stick it in the bathtub. :bigsmile:

Anyone else using this thing? :tongue:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I do situps on mine, or leg lifts, or pushups. You can do all kinds of fun stuff on it. And I know you're not supposed to bounce on it, but I sit on it instead of on the couch and bounce. It works my legs. Have fun figuring it out!!!
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    ok do you mean an exercise ball that you can sit on? or a medicine ball to do crunches with?
    I sit on my exercise ball anytime I am sitting...at the computer, dinner, etc....helps posture...
    also do crunches on it (with medicine ball) push ups, etc....
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    OMG a ball to do crunches WITH? Not a medicine ball. OUCH!

The one you sit on...

Hokay! So that's what I did last night after blowing the thing up. It said I could go 80" in diameter, but I don't know if I got it big enough. I don't want it to explode when I sit on it. I'm a shy baller. EEEK!

I LOVE the sit ups on it, and the sitting for posture. I so could use help with both areas! Lovely!

:flowerforyou:

I think I've had too much coffee already today. :glasses:
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Occasionally Ill take it put it under my shirt and go hit on woman at lamaz class. Wow funny to see a beautifal person like you at a place like this! Do you come here often? Me too! :bigsmile:
  • alyssa150
    alyssa150 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a dvd called 10 minute solution fitness ball workout. It has five 10 minute workout on it. I love the the ab and the arm work out on it. I had to purchase the dvd to figure out what to do with the ball because the only thing the ball was doing at my house was entertaining my kids. I bought my dvd at wal-mart.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Ya, at about midnight when my husband was finishing his homework, I decided to surprise him with a *baby* gift and an improv session.
    :laugh:

I need less coffee! I AM TOTALLY PINGING TODAY!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I think part of the workout should include trying to hide the thing from the kids. Last night I wondered panic stricken around the house trying to figure out where to hide it!

I should have counted that as a workout! Darn it!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Hokay! So that's what I did last night after blowing the thing up. It said I could go 80" in diameter, but I don't know if I got it big enough. I don't want it to explode when I sit on it. I'm a shy baller. EEEK!

80" in diameter! Holy Hell! The balls is taking over the living room! I am 74" tall and I am 6'2"!!! You have a 6'8" ball in your living room? And your bowling for your dogs with it?

~smiling~

Just giving you a hard time. Probably meant circumference?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    even if you just sit on it while you're at the computer or watching tv its awesome, it's totally stregthening your stabilizers and all you're doing is sitting :laugh:
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just bought one last night as well. I did find some helpful videos. Hope these can help.:flowerforyou:

http://www.exerciseballworkouts.net/exercise-ball-basics.html
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a cd to go with the ball. This is a nice website that has alot of pictures showing positioning & exercises.

http://www.exerciseballworkouts.net/

- not quick enough at posting :tongue:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    go to youtube.com they have a TON of workouts on there for exercise balls and medicine balls and you can add the best ones to your "favorites" so you dont have to search for them all the time. Plus, (and this is the best part!) it's FREE! :happy:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    There is proven research that crunches done on a stability ball work the core muscles better than any other way:smile:, plus there is lees strain on the neck, back, etc.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    by a tape or a lot of fitness mags have ball exercises:

Tie a resistance band around a doorknob for back and chest exercises.
    Abs
    Stand, hold the ball and twist for a diff oblique - slowly
    I do fly, chest press, reverse fly, tricep, hamstring curls, push ups, and a whole lot of other stuff on mine and I love it. I do all my toning exercises at home and do strength training at the gym
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I also sit on mine. I have two, and have been using them both in place of chairs or couches for quite some time. It will help strengthen your core and I believe someone else may have mentioned that it helps with posture.
    Mine came with a chart which I have posted on my wall, and I bought a video to watch, as well. You can really feel it working your muscles when you do it properly, and you have to make sure your ball is the right size for your height. I also find it very relaxing, the video I have combines strengthening exercises with yoga-like techniques.
    I strongly recommend removing all seating from your home and using the ball instead!
    It IS fun to bounce on, too. :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ive been using my ball as an office chair at work for a month now.
    i definitely notice an increase in my balance and core strength. ive also been doing zumba which im sure has alot to do iwth it but im sitting on the ball 8-9 hrs plus each day, and have not once wanted to go back to my chair! yay for the ball!