What do YOU eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• jammer2net
    jammer2net Posts: 42
    Options
    I will start off saying that I have never been a "fat" person. I have never had a large amount of weight to lose, so I have never had to go on really restrictive diets. Right now I have about 15 lbs I want to lose for a specific occasion. So I can only speak for myself. I usually eat whatever I want, just in small amounts. I do try to stay away from a lot of junk foods and processed foods . When I am trying to slim down a little more, I stay away from the following......processed foods, sweets, ALL white foods, unhealthy oils, fast foods, pork and red meat, heavy dairy and I do not drink soda of any kind. I don't drink soda PERIOD. I haven't had a soda in about 4 years. I also don't drink anything with caffeine in it ( I get heart palps when I drink caffeine). If I am trying to lose weight I will just use my common sense and when I look down at the food/drink, I just think....is this really good for me? I try to load up on chicken (skinless), fish, veggies and fruit.
  • Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can understand your frustration! I've been working with a doctor and nutritionist which has helped a lot. Right now I aim to get 100+ Grams of protein and 1300 calories.

Some of my favorites and frequent flyers are:

- Prepackaged Tuna Salad in a pouch that I bring to work for lunch with a multigrain slim sandwich bread from Trader Joe's. Together it's only 200 calories. I sometimes bring a dill pickle if I remember, those are only about 3 calories so I don't even add them to MFP.

- Zucchini spaghetti we make with a Spiralizer, and then and spaghetti sauce with added lean ground beef or chicken. Add the hot sauce over the raw zucchini and it makes it taste like al dente pasta. Trust me on this one, I am a vegetable phobe but I really like this for dinner.

- Several days at work I will bring 2 eggs and scramble them and cook in the microwave for 30 sec then stir and cook another 30 seconds.

- Snacks are either a Quest bar, Artic Zero frozen dessert, 0% fat Greek yogurt with strawberries and a sweetener, or a smoothie made with protein powder, greek yogurt, cocoa powder. Sometimes I add PB2 to the smoothie to add a peanut butter flavor.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Man if I had 900 calories Left over most days, I would eat a few servings of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Delight gelato every night before bed.

But that's just me.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What do I eat?

Everything. Next question.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Man if I had 900 calories Left over most days, I would eat a few servings of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Delight gelato every night before bed.

But that's just me.

i'd go with an open faced cookie sandwich with a big sugar cookie and and either sea salt caramel or caribbean coconut
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

But that's just me.

I prefer Mediterranean Mint or Tahitian Vanilla gelato myself...:drinker: