I always forget introductions

Options
Hello ... I have just started using this site and I thought I'd say "hi". I 'm not usually one that reaches out and gets social- especially when it comes to losing weight. I thought I'd give it a try to see if it keeps me motivated.
I am on path to finding and revealing the "me" that I see inside. I'm tired of people thinking that I'm overweight. I'm tired of people saying, "Wow- you run?". I'm tired of thinking that I can't really ever be happy with my weight. I figure that if there is a glimmer of hope inside then I better milk it for all it's worth. I know I can do it, it just hasn't happened yet. It'a time for my body to catch up with the "me" that I see inside. Time to get rid of the fat bug once and for all. I'm 5'7" with about 80 lbs to lose.
I believe in loving yourself, in eating what you like in controlled amounts, and being active. I have picked up a habit of running in the past year... running my second 5K tommorow (7 weeks post partum)... and proud of it.
I wouldn't mind getting to know some others with similar philosophies and goals. Let's see if we can't really achieve our goals.

Replies

• TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your new adventure
  • nygal87
    Options
    It's awesome that you're doing your 2nd 5k!! I tried the c25k late last year and quit half way through :-/ not because I couldn't do it just because I got lazy and gave up. I got to the point where I ran 2 miles on the treadmill without stopping or walking and was proud of myself because I've never been able to do that in my life but then I pulled a muscle, got side-lined for a few days and got lazy again. I would say I would try it now but I wont lie to myself. I am self conscious about running on the treadmill at the gym and i'm not brave enough to try it out in the cold.

Anyways, i'll stop babbling. lol. I wish you the best of luck! I'm not one to talk to other people about losing weight either, this site is great with the way everyone supports each other because we are all trying to do the same thing. good luck, you can do it!