Lose 5-10 Pounds by New Years Group

Options

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Jet! I know being sick isn't good, but if you can maintain what you lost & get healthy then that's good :flowerforyou:

I haven't lost anything else, but I'm noticing a HUGE change in how my clothes are fitting & looking. I just realized today that my cheekbones are back :tongue: , so while the scale doesn't say I've lost, I'm thinking it's a "lose fat/gain muscle" thing, which is fine by me!

Unfortunately, I have to be careful since it's been LUDICROUSLY COLD here, my body is hungrier than usual to keep it's metabolism going and keep me warm - I could easily blow everything I've worked for in a short time if the cold stix around :sad: I will NOT succumb... I will conquer the cold... I just need to figure out how to stay REALLY REALLY warm so I don't eat as much (or freeze my poor fiance out of bed since I radiate ice :tongue: )
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    HW: 145
    SW: 139.8
    11/26/2010 goal 138: 141.8 (+2) - Not bad. Could have easily been worse.
    12/03/2010 goal 137: 139.8 (- 2) - TOM grrr... 2.8 lbs off goal. I don't think I'll be losing almost 4 lbs in a week.
    12/6/2010: 138.0 (-1.8) (11/26 goal)
    12/10/2010 goal 136: 138.6 (-1.2 from 12/3) 2.6 lbs off goal - slowly... slowly.... inching ... inching....
    12/17/2010 goal 135:
    12/24/2010 goal 134:
    12/31/2010 final goal 133:
  • Rynatat
    Options
    Not a whole lot of new news: still 149, but I put my favorite new "tight" jeans thru the dryer earlier so I could wear them out tonight (last nite really); the care tag label is "line dry" which means they shrink in the dryer... well, they fit as if I'd line-dried them :happy: I am taking this as good; If I don't lose but tone & firm I can work with that :wink:

Good luck to everyone! New Years is 4 weeks away - we CAN DO THIS :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Rynatat
    Options
    Seriously - What happened to everyone on this forum? I've lost 1 more lb & am being told I am "skinny" for the first time in Years! I know many of you have had the same happen recently (or similar :tongue: )

The positivity helps keep us ALL motivated - post your updates; let us know how you're doing :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

PS: for anyone who reads this, tomorrow is Tough Tuesday: that means you need to workout harder and push yourself to the next level :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    I am down to 231.8. I have lost 6 pounds so far, Whoot
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    Congrats to you both! Great job!
    I'm sick and I think that's inhibiting me... i doubt I'll meet my goal but if I can lose just another lb or 2, I'll be happy with that. I'm feeling a bit bloated today, too so I doubt Friday (tomorrow) is going to bring happy results. But, I'm also working on my water in my step forum so that may slow down weight loss since I'm not really focused on measuring, working out, etc. Taking things one very small step at a time and decided that I don't have some of the base habits down well enough to successfully move forward. This does help me to stay mindful so I don't gain though!

In another 5 weeks, I think the next step will be managing workouts, starting very small (like the water) and just learning to incorporate it into my daily life, even if it's just 10 minutes a day. Just getting in the habit of doing it regularly. And that's my current focus - to develop the genuine habits for a well-rounded life-style change and not overwhelm myself with all of it at once. I'm clearly no good at that.

And, we shall see what tomorrow really brings. One of the things I've noticed in changing my focus is that I'm not on the scale every day anymore. So, I feel like I really am headed in the right direction.
  • wyze
    Options
    Just keep moving, sometimes we lose inches even when the weight isnt going down, that is also a good thing :-).

Sorry i have been silent, got overwhelmed with finals and all. Back now. Seriously the scale hasnt moved for me in almost a week, but i am still working on it and i hope i can still meet my goals for the new year which is 6 more pounds to go. i can live with 4 though...lol
  • Rynatat
    Options
    I am still at 148: I weigh 1 lbs more than my fiance, for the first time in almost 9 years (that's how long we've been together!). This has motivated him, too, since he doesn't want me steeling his jeans now that I fit in them :laugh:

Seriously, though. I've noticed HUGE changes in my body, even though I'm not losing "weight" I am definitely losing inches :smile: . Clothes, tops, slacks, jeans, everything is fitting & looking better (and some stuff is getting too loose!).

Come on, everyone! It is 2 weeks to New Years - post your successes :flowerforyou:
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I thought I posted mine last night but I guess there was a glitch since it doesn't seem to be showing up. I'll repost as soon as I copy...
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    HW: 145
    SW: 139.8
    11/26/2010 goal 138: 141.8 (+2) - Not bad. Could have easily been worse.
    12/03/2010 goal 137: 139.8 (- 2) - TOM grrr... 2.8 lbs off goal. I don't think I'll be losing almost 4 lbs in a week.
    12/6/2010: 138.0 (-1.8) (11/26 goal)
    12/10/2010 goal 136: 138.6 (-1.2 from 12/3) 2.6 lbs off goal - slowly... slowly.... inching ... inching....
    12/17/2010 goal 135: 138.2 (-.4) (total -1.6 from SW) If I can get to 136, I will be THRILLED at this point!
    12/24/2010 goal 134:
    12/31/2010 final goal 133:
  • wyze
    Options
    lol at stealing ur fiances jeans, go right ahead. okay so just an update, i am now at 229lbs, two more to go to hit 10, and 4lbs to go to hit my goal for the year. keeping my fingers crossed.
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    So far I have done it
    Im down OFFICIALLY 13 pounds!
  • wyze
    Options
    awesome job marilyn

Looking at the group name again, it says 5-10 pounds. Guess i hit the minimum already. Awesome
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    Wow! You ladies are rockin' it! Keep going!

I may not be able to weigh in on Friday - I think my scale needs a battery. Again! If I can, I'll get one tomorrow and weigh in then.
  • Rynatat
    Options
    This is ALMOST frustrating... I haven;t lost anything - I haven't gained either, however... I did a tentative measurement of my thigh last nite, with my sweatpants on cuz it was too cold to take them off! And according to my trusty pink tape measure, I've lost almost another inch on my thigh! AND, it's TOM right now so I am a little bloated :happy: Forget the scale, I'm going by inches :wink:

How many inches equal the 5-10lbs goal? I think I'm going for that :tongue:
  • wyze
    Options
    haha, inches is good and it definitely counts. wtg
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    sorry guys - I'm kinda' bailing for now. My scale needs a battery and my diet, sleep, etc has been crappy lately.
    had to put my cat down on Monday so ...... yeah.
    i'm starting to get it back together but that doesn't change my lack of battery - and i've not lost inches, in spite of not eating lately... not gonna' happen w/o a work out. if i get a battery tomorrow, i'll check in and see if anything's happened. somehow, i doubt it.

have a good new year everyone and good work!
  • Rynatat
    Options
    Muth3r - I am so sorry to hear about your Cat. I know that is VERY hard to do (I have 4 that are all 9yrs old now & I've had them since 2 weeks for 2 brothers, 2 months for adopted bro & 2 yrs for adopted sister). They are part of our family. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family during this time.
    I am sending well wishes & happy New Year to you :D
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    Well last weigh in and IF my scale is right (I'm not sure it is), I've surpassed my goal and I'm down to 131.8.
    The downside - it would have to be muscle loss. *sighs* hopefully it doesn't take long to get that back.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Muth3rluv, I am so sorry about your cat. It's the cruelest thing about life - loving someone who is here for such a short time. He/she looks like quite the feisty personality. Siamese - Burmese?

Take care