Great way to cleanse yourself of poor eating habits.

Options
Allow yourself to eat junk but only if you do something first to earn it. For instance I was in the supermarket a little while ago and I had picked up a frozen pizza for tonight or tomorrow or both. So I decided to put it back and told myself that if I wanted it that badly I'll walk there tomorrow to get it. It's about a mile from my house and it's pretty frigid right now. I think you see where I'm going with this.

So, tell yourself that you can have pizza/chips/sweets/whatever your poison as long as you're willing to do some work first to get them. Go on a 2 mile walk or walk to the store if it's not close by. You may not completely cleanse the junk food from your diet but you'll at least do some work before you get it.

Replies

• jessimacar
    Options
    That's a great idea! I try not to eat junk unless I have to walk to the store to get it, or am at work or something. :) And my laziness usually prevents me from getting there to buy it in the first place! Lol.
  • Lookgreat
    Options
    Good idea - will make you work atleast
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I live by this idea. I go to the movies, eat a large popcorn then purposely walk the wrong way home so it takes an hour instead of 10 minutes.
  • kumikoro
    Options
    this is a good one:)
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Jessi and Pete. Yeah I love my chips and pizza but do I love it enough to walk 2 miles in near sub-zero temperatures. That's the real question.