Low Carber? What is your carb count?

Options
I'm curious to know those who are doing low carb as a priority. What is your average daily carb count?

:-)

Replies

• Firefly_Rainy
    Options
    Hello...I aim for no more than 20g per day.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    For me low carb is about 115g a day, and I usually balance this out with 190g of protein, and 42g fat. My high carb days are about 260g, with 160g protein and 42g fat.
  • kwebster1956
    kwebster1956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I count both carbs and calories, but I try to keep my carbs under 80. I just started dieting and I read if you are going to do low carbs start a little higher around 80 and then slowly drop your carbs down to 20. Its not as hard on your body.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I did it the opposite, to where I started with 20 carbs a day and worked myself up to 80 over the course of 6 months and I plan to cycle back down again so my body doesn't get use to one way of eating. Got to keep it guessing :)
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Low day 120 g of carbs
    High day 230g of carbs

I eat a low GI diet most of the time, and most the time my food is complex carbs to stave off hunger (its not pleasant to try and concentrate in college and just hear gurgling of your stomach)
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    For me low carb is about 115g a day, and I usually balance this out with 190g of protein, and 42g fat. My high carb days are about 260g, with 160g protein and 42g fat.

what do you eat?! I'm curious because I want to lower my carb intake but I haven't figure out how yet LOL
  • ccam2012
    Options
    good information, I am trying to keep my carb count low for health reasons.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you would count this as low carb, but I seem to feel the best when I keep the carbs to 100-120 a day. Much higher than that and I feel tired and lethargic, lower than that I feel grumpy and moody. I try to keep the carbs complex and stay away from any foods with white flour and added sugars. During TOM I want pasta, but other than that I do ok.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options

what do you eat?! I'm curious because I want to lower my carb intake but I haven't figure out how yet LOL

If your trying to go low carb alot of good things I like to eat are:
    Tuna in celery sticks (I buy the favored tuna in the herb in garlic its super yummy and low in sodium for the most part)
    Egg beaters, I will eat eggs with a ham steak
    I also buy the atkins shakes I like the coffee one it tastes really good and its low calories high protein and low carb
    I will grill chicken and wrap it in lettuce
    dipping carrots in guacamole
    Hope this helps... if you have low carb things you enjoy I always love trying new foods :)