40 Calorie Brownies

Options
I love to cook and since I'm now dieting, I've been coming up with many low-calorie snacks. I've been substituting a lot of ingredients in recipes and in this case it turned out awesome!

1/2 cup Quaker rolled oats
1/2 cup No Calorie Sweetener
3/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 while preparing brownies. Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl. (if you like smoother brownies, you can use a food processor) Use Pam to grease an 8" pan and dump in the batter. You can add a little shredded coconut to the top if you like but it adds calories. Bake for 15-20 minutes but do not over-cook! (brownies are supposed to be a little fudgey) Allow to cool and cut into 9 equal pieces. Each brownie is only 40 calories!!

Nutritional Info:

40 Calories
16 Carbs
1 Fat
4 Protein
84 Sodium
1 Suagr

Replies

• TragicWriter
    Options
    I almost forgot to mention that if you do add coconut it's 100 calories for every 3 tbsp. (12 calories extra per brownie)
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    looks great :) but id eat them all
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    looks great :) but id eat them all

Then you'd only have eaten 360 calories for a whole pan of brownies....WIN!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    What brand of sweetener did you use and was it a powder or liquid as these things can make a big difference in the end result. Sounds good though!
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing!
  • dazy26
    dazy26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I cant wait to try this!
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    What brand of sweetener did you use and was it a powder or liquid as these things can make a big difference in the end result. Sounds good though!

I used Presidents Choice Artificial Sweetener powder (it tastes exactly like real sugar)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    since this is like the 37 calorie brownie recipe (which was actually a bit more than 37 calories), i can tell you that it works with egg beaters, as well as whole eggs. i used mostly stevia to sweeten with a little xylitol. it was delish!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Don't have yogurt, but could sour cream be substituted in its place?
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Too good to be true! OMG! I'm in love! :love:

Why didn't I read this BEFORE I got my groceries. I literally JUST finished putting my groceries up! UGH!:grumble:
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    Don't have yogurt, but could sour cream be substituted in its place?

I've never tried sour cream in this recipe, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out! :D
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Think I'll be trying it tomorrow, so I'll let ya' know. (:
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    Too good to be true! OMG! I'm in love! :love:

Why didn't I read this BEFORE I got my groceries. I literally JUST finished putting my groceries up! UGH!:grumble:

Haha, I know the feeling! I've done that many times. :D

Also, if you use a salt substitute in the recipe, it makes it even healthier! I love them! (although they're not as good as a regular brownie lol)
  • TragicWriter
    Options
    since this is like the 37 calorie brownie recipe (which was actually a bit more than 37 calories), i can tell you that it works with egg beaters, as well as whole eggs. i used mostly stevia to sweeten with a little xylitol. it was delish!
    [/quote/]

I actually use beaters as well just because I find scraping the batter out of the blender/food processor so annoying. lol My favourite sweetener is the PC sugar substitute which tastes exactly like real sugar. I use it for everything!
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ThreePartBreath
    Options
    I thought I'd try this out tonight and I'm not really a huge fan.
    I think I got the wrong impression or may have done something wrong because these 'brownies' was more like a really chewy pancake...

The taste is fine, it's actually decently enjoyable, I used sour cream (like someone suggested) because I didn't have Greek yogurt. But in all honesty I think it was a waste of cocoa and Stevia.. Sorry.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    thanks..low sugar..yeah
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i think i used to make this recipe a while back. try subbing out a banana for the egg -- it ups the calories to 45 each, but if it's the same recipe it's d e l i c i o u s. *_*
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sounds great will have to try
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump