Cookies!!!

Options
whitehorse67
whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
I ate 4 Oreo cookies today!.....Grrrr!.....I was visiting my awesome Mom today and walked by the cookie jar.......then turned around...Moment of delicious weakness! 300 plus calories! How can something soooo good be soooooo bad?

Anyone here do things like that and then beat themselves up for the rest of the night? Hahaha!

Replies

• atorina21
    atorina21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you crave cookies maybe try eating some sugar free pudding? I eat sugar free pudding/jello as my dessert and find that it eases my sweet tooth cravings.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some cookies to put in my ice cream... Sigh :sad:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I ate 4 Oreo cookies today!.....Grrrr!.....I was visiting my awesome Mom today and walked by the cookie jar.......then turned around...Moment of delicious weakness! 300 plus calories! How can something soooo good be soooooo bad?

Anyone here do things like that and then beat themselves up for the rest of the night? Hahaha!

nope i fit it into my calories allotment for the day.

like today i was originally only planning to eat half the ribs i ate and could then have enough calories left for a sugar cookie+ ice cream open faced sandwich but i decided to eat the entire ribs instead. all within calorie goal
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    What's done is done - just move on. When I want a treat, I try and work it into my daily calorie count - and if it puts me over - that's called life.

Don't beat yourself up for a few Oreos...just keep making mostly great choices and it's not even a blip on the radar in the long run!
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

nope i fit it into my calories allotment for the day.

like today i was originally only planning to eat half the ribs i ate and could then have enough calories left for a sugar cookie+ ice cream open faced sandwich but i decided to eat the entire ribs instead. all within calorie goal

I did end up making some adjustments...but I never really looked at the label on those things....kinda blew me away!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yep, i hear ya! i try to be kind to myself, especially on the rough days but sometimes I ask myself why I had to have an extra *fill in the blank* ...take last night for instance. I was out with friends and I couldn't stop eating pizza bites even when I was starting to get full. They were so good.

Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I had three of the coconut cremes, 190 calories. Yum.
  • liftmeup1
    liftmeup1 Posts: 373
    Options
    No cookies, but I ate two pieces of cake.....Mmmmm cake!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Mmm cookies. No more cookies in the house. Going to have to rectify this situation
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Met my date near the park. Had a sort of healthy picnic made that would have been totally within my calorie limit for the day. They we both smelled the siren song of BBQ. :grumble:

ETA, I didn't beat myself up over it...I just adjusted my dinner timing. (Ate after midnight, since it's "tomorrow" by my logic.)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I had 4 Girl Scout cookies and some ice cream tonight. But it was within my calorie goal… so I don't bother to feel too bad about it.
  • mousehappy
    mousehappy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's my Birthday...Already had 1 HUGE piece of cake last night to celebrate:) Still a lot of it left in the fridge. I told the kids to Please eat it today before I get home..lol
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Now I want cookies.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire sleeve of Thin Mints yesterday....definitely wasn't in my calorie goal, but I still rocked it.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire sleeve of Thin Mints yesterday....definitely wasn't in my calorie goal, but I still rocked it.

It was you that stole my Thin Mints!!!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    rebel
  • Vickilite
    Vickilite Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. Just log it in and plan for next time you visit Mom. Ask her to help you and not have cookies and whatnot out and available. Ask her to put out a pretty bowl of fruit instead. Or make sure you've eaten before you go so that you're not hungry.

I agree with the others - "just keep swimming"...