Squatting in high heels (wow, does THAT sound pr0n-y...)

Options
2»

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Was this done in a bathroom stall at work?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Squatting is bad but good mornings in heels are always a good idea. Take some form videos and I will help you critique.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're a freak, you just have tight hamstrings. A lot of people have this problem when the start squatting - I know, I did. Practice and stretching will help - heels will not. It actually sounds pretty dangerous.

This is exactly what I thought. And loosing tight hamstrings will help you out in a wide variety of ways. Mobility and recovery are at least as important as the amount you are able to lift.
  • BenVoiles
    BenVoiles Posts: 17
    Options
    When I was starting out back in the sixties all bodybuilders would place there heels on a board when squating. Also, Olympic lifting shoes have a little bit of a heel. When powerlifting became popular less people used the wood blocks. For years I always noticed that the men who squated without the blocks would almost always have big butts, while the people that used them didn't I still use the shaved down 2 by 4 when I squat while wearing sneakers. I'm always amused when younger guys tell me I shouldn't use a block when I do squats but they are the same ones that often tell me they would love to have legs like mine. So while I think wearing high heels is a very bad idea, you might try using a block under your heels. Maybe start with one about 2 to 3 inches thick and try to gradually move down to thinner ones.
  • vegaslounge
    vegaslounge Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haha- Okeh! I get it! I shan't do it again. I just wanted some opinions on whether it was safe or not...and I got 'em!

Thank you, I knew I could trust the MFPals to give me good input. Y'all have been awesome in my own lurking-ness and I'm actually well chuffed that I actually got some responses to my very first query.

Love y'all and thank you!!! ~VL