Boxing Circuit

Options
Hi

After an gym injury at the start of the year I was sent for physio to treat patella sublexation in both knees, but especially the injured one.

I've just been told by my physiotherapist that the only cardio I can do is boxing (or swimming but it's the middle of winter here so there is no way I'm jumping into the pool). My brother - also working on losing weight - has agreed to do this with me three times a week.

Where would you recommend looking for a good boxing circuit that wouldn't be too hard on the knees?

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Boxing can actually be really stressful on the knees, so not sure why that would be suggested.

You are constantly pushing off when you're moving, bobbing, weaving, ducking, all that their tolls on the knees as well.

With that said, take it slow, try an have padding on the floor to absorb some of the punishment.

The circuit won't matter in regards to your knees, just don't move around the bag as much at first, and see how your legs react.

As far as bag work, start slow, something with 1min Rds, 30 sec rest. Then move up to 3 min rds, 60 sec rest.