Stay at home mum need to loose 60+lbs

Options
Okay so I am currently the heaviest I have ever weighed. I even weigh more now than I did when 9 months pregnant with all 3 of my children! My youngest is turning 2 in November and there is no way I can use the excuse of 'just having a baby' as to why im overweight lol.

I think my problem is I'm at home most of the day and once the kids are in bed I can just help myself to food. I have the worst snacking problem!

I'm determined to try and loose weight setting myself mini goals of 12lbs as it sounds impossible when I say 60. I need all the help and motivation I can get so please feel add me ☺️

Replies

• GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I really like your mini goal focus. Makes things seem so much better and manageable.
    I'm a SAHM, 4 kids (youngest is coming up for 6 months) It seems all I've done yo-yo for years
    Sometimes i get to the point where I'm so stretched for time I'll just grab anything to snack on and of course its not carrots sticks that call the loudest!!
    I'm certainly no expert but if in the right frame of mind I try and drink more water and find something to do with my hands so I cant eat, bleaching/cleaning is one of my favourites (possibly weirdest thing ever but there you go)
    Any-hoo, I wish you all the best in your transformation.
    Be honest in your food diaries and remember on the bad days how awesome you will feel when you acheive your goals.
  • shalisa7
    shalisa7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi small goals is the key, I have lost 2 stone through this app but unfortunately stopped using it when I hurt my back. Now put it all on plus another stone :( Good luck to you and treat yourself to something (not food lol) when you hit each milestone x
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am also a SAHM, but my kids are quite a bit older. I LOVE to snack in the evenings while watching tv. What I do is leave myself some calories just for this. Popcorn is one of my favorite things and I make sure it fits into my calories. You're right, carrots just don't fit the bill. I don't deny myself my snacking, I make it work.
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Lauren,

I'm also a mum of two boys - 6 and 2. And feel that I can't use the excuse of having 2 small children anymore! I've never been super toned and slim but my fighting weight was around 125lbs. I now want to get back down to this through diet and exercise and have decided to start the Insanity programme (to be honest I'm a little bit terrified by it!!) Everyone seems absolutely whacked when they've done a session, but I know that unfortunately my downfall is drinking more wine than I should and snacking too! I always eat whatever is left on my childrens plates and then end up eating more besides. Then the stress from the day leaves me wanting to unwind with a glass or two of wine in the evening! I'm currently 143lbs, so hopefully intense exercise, healthy eating and cutting back on the alcohol intake is going to put me back on track. I'd love to motivate you along the way too, so feel free to add me as a friend! xx
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've started an August goals group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22773-august-2014-your-goals0
    Focus on August and hopefully find some motivation and support through it to boost my weight loss and keep me accountable.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have about 68 pounds to go ... I'm not a stay at home mom, but as a fellow mom, I do feel a lot of your pain. It's sometimes so hard to eat right while also getting the littles to eat as well, and then maintaining a schedule with all their activities ... yeah, it can be overwhelming for sure.

Feel free to add me.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I weighed in at my heaviest a few weeks back at a doctor's appointment. I actually was shocked because I hadn't realized I was gaining so much weight. I'm also a stay at home mom and feel like it's difficult to find time to take care of myself when I'm taking care of my kids all the time. Then, like you, I'd snack once the kids were in bed at night. Posting everything I eat here has helped a lot already and I try to find time to take a 1 or 2 mile walk everyday (either with or without the kids). Good luck!