Calories in Deep Fried Turkey?

umfan85
umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Does anybody have the answer to this question? I can't seem to find a very definitive answer anywhere! I am trying to log the best I can, and hoping to get an estimate.

Hope everybody has a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Replies

• LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Ohhhh I am so interested in the answer to this question!!! My dad is fixing a regular deep fried turkey and a cajun deep fried turkey. Help!!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Oh look! I found this. This sounds about right. The serving is 3.5 oz. Guess I won't be eating much turkey this year!

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/deep-fried-turkey/?ref=yssp
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Nice find! I have found some threads that say the calories are pretty equal to a roasted turkey...but might contain more Trans Fats from the oil.

I hope somebody can help.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I hear that deep fried turkey is about the same amount of calories as any other turkey... Then again, this came from my dad and although he likes to think he's always right, it just isn't so. Lol. :) Hope you find the right info, but if not, just enjoy your turkey. One meal cannot and will not ruin all of your progress. Do extra exercise today, tomorrow, or even all of next week. Take those extra calories in, and all you need to do is get those calories out. No problem.
  • duckdogs
    duckdogs Posts: 31 Member
    Y I K E S !!!!!!!!!!!

Why would anyone want such a thing at the best of times. I guess us Canucks don't do deep fried turkey. Never even seen one. Guess that could be a good thing.

Happy Thanks giving.
This discussion has been closed.