Weekend Help

Options
Okay, so I am getting ready to go away for a long weekend road trip. Its a 12 hour road trip (one way) and we are heading to a two day concert. At the show, I am pretty sure all they are going to have available for food are burgers, hot dogs, beer and all sorts of fried goodness. I have packed some healthy snacks for the actual road trip, and I am going to try and sneak in some protein bars to the show, but does anyone else have ideas on how not to sabatoge my entire diet this weekend?? I know it's not going to be very pretty cause I am going to have some drinks (it is a vacation after all) but I don't want to go crazy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Okay, so I am getting ready to go away for a long weekend road trip. Its a 12 hour road trip (one way) and we are heading to a two day concert. At the show, I am pretty sure all they are going to have available for food are burgers, hot dogs, beer and all sorts of fried goodness. I have packed some healthy snacks for the actual road trip, and I am going to try and sneak in some protein bars to the show, but does anyone else have ideas on how not to sabatoge my entire diet this weekend?? I know it's not going to be very pretty cause I am going to have some drinks (it is a vacation after all) but I don't want to go crazy. Any suggestions?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I would focus on having a good time, plain and simple. Take a weekend off, life is for enjoying :wink:

Al
  • Tammikins
    Tammikins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    a couple weeks ago i went on a road trip and to a two day concert and it was tough! i brought healthy snacks for the trip and for after but on the concert grounds you are trapped! you can leave and the only food they had was hot dogs, chicken fingers and french fries, soft pretzles, ice cream, ect. i basically just gave in and ate that crap because i had no other option. luckily there was a lot of walking around and rocking out haha so i hope i burned some of the calories while i was there. as soon as i got home i got right back on track. good luck! :smile: what concert are you going to?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree... enjoy:drinker:
    But if you don't want to take the whole weekend off then try to be good during the ride. Snack healthy and eat light meals and maybe even just eat half of the meal. Then when you are at the concert don't worry about it and just have fun:happy:
    Have a great time:glasses:
  • ramsam70
    ramsam70 Posts: 37
    Options
    It is nice to not worry once in a while, that is for sure! At the same time you can pick smarter choices when it's available, and 'save' your splurges for the things you really love..... for me that would be nachos and brownies :tongue:

But definitely allow yourself to be more relaxed. Enjoy yourself- and remember , a walk before bed or seeing sights will burn calories! Have fun.....
  • kcm1031
    kcm1031 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually do have some suggestions! I am all about what I call "stadium food", so I have a lot of experience. Yes, you should have some fun! My advice is stick to high protein! Get a burger, but only eat half the bun, same for hot dogs. Chicken tenders are a good bet for satisfying your fried food craving, but still getting some healthy protein. The more protein you eat, the less hungry you will be, that means no french fries!!! And-- bring a lot of bottled water.

As for drinks, have some, but not a ton! Light beers, clear liquor with club soda or diet coke. Just remember that you can still have fun, but set some limits. It is okay to get set back a couple of days, but you don't want to be paying for this trip for a month. :smile:

You will probably see a big spike in the scale on Monday. Don't get discouraged. A lot of that will be sodium. Drink a ton of water all next week, and you will get it back down quickly.

Have fun!
  • huskergal15
    Options
    a couple weeks ago i went on a road trip and to a two day concert and it was tough! i brought healthy snacks for the trip and for after but on the concert grounds you are trapped! you can leave and the only food they had was hot dogs, chicken fingers and french fries, soft pretzles, ice cream, ect. i basically just gave in and ate that crap because i had no other option. luckily there was a lot of walking around and rocking out haha so i hope i burned some of the calories while i was there. as soon as i got home i got right back on track. good luck! :smile: what concert are you going to?

I am going to Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio. I am going to be trapped in the stadium for about 12 hours each day. And I am a beer drinker, for sure. That's my main worry. I'll drink my entire days calories in beer!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to work out in the hotel before the show on Saturday but I figure Sunday will be a total bust. But at least its gonna be fun!!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be to have an awesome time, and make SURE you drink lots and lots and lots of water. I have learned this the hard way at concerts and music festivals. If you don't drink enough water and are out in the pits, or even just out enjoying the music, you can get real dehydrated real fast. Who are you going to go see?

(I'm so jealous, my husband and I can't do stuff like that anymore)

:flowerforyou:
  • Tammikins
    Options
    hahaha i went to bamboozle in NJ a few weeks ago and i was trapped in the giants stadium parking lot for 10 hours each day...the first day i tried to drink all my calories in bud light but the beers were $7.75 each!!!!:cry: so the next day i only ended up having like two beers cause i couldnt afford anymore!
  • Tammikins
    Options
    i just googled rock on the range to see who would be there and im jealous!!! have an awesome time :drinker:
  • huskergal15
    Options
    hahaha i went to bamboozle in NJ a few weeks ago and i was trapped in the giants stadium parking lot for 10 hours each day...the first day i tried to drink all my calories in bud light but the beers were $7.75 each!!!!:cry: so the next day i only ended up having like two beers cause i couldnt afford anymore!

I figure that is what I will do on Saturday. On Sunday, I'll be too hungover to even look at a beer and drink water all day. =) Maybe I'll only have one really bad day!!!

Hopefully water won't be $7 a bottle, too.
  • Tammikins
    Options
    water was about $4 where i was and red bull was only $2!