Oh My Body Hates Me!

lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so I pulled a muscle along my side the other night...and now it feels like my ribs are broken...seriously it hurts from my collar bone to my hip...I can't take deep breaths without a dagger like pain shooting through my right side. Last night was horrid because I couldn't lay down without my rights side being in massive pain, and I couldn't breath without it hurting...is the only remedy an epsome salt hot bath? I took advil and the did F.A. I've never hurt like this before...I just want to sleep well tonight. Even my arm is starting to hurt...Someone have any good ideas?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I don't know if it will help, but you can try it. Get some activon, blue goo, or icy hot. They all come in roll on form now, so there's no mess. Use it liberally where it hurts. Also take a hot shower, maybe with some aromatherapy (like shower soothers). Hopefully it will help take the edge off :)
  • I love Icy Hot when I'm sore like that.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    I dont know what you were doing, but it is actually possible to dislocate a rib. I know I did it once from coughing when I had whooping cough. My massage therapist said that it was in the wrong place, I tried physio but they said they could not help me, so I went to a chiro. I had never been before and have never had to go back, but it worked! It felt similar to what you are describing, only it also really hurt to breathe. Any movement at all aggravated it and nothing helped until the chiro moved it back into place.
  • lilRicki
    good idea...A535 was always my go to when i played sports, i don't know why i never thought of that...thanx guys
  • lilRicki
    I dont know what you were doing, but it is actually possible to dislocate a rib. I know I did it once from coughing when I had whooping cough. My massage therapist said that it was in the wrong place, I tried physio but they said they could not help me, so I went to a chiro. I had never been before and have never had to go back, but it worked! It felt similar to what you are describing, only it also really hurt to breathe. Any movement at all aggravated it and nothing helped until the chiro moved it back into place.

:sad: gross! I was cleaning my house in a very bad mood, so I worked like a rented mule...and now i'm paying for it...scrubbing every floor in the house, moving furniture by myself...i didn't notice the strain until last night (cleaned my house on Tuesday) so i'm thinking it's just pulled muscles, but hot damn it hurts:noway:
  • BellaB777
    BellaB777 Posts: 19 Member
    Hospital would be a great choice. I hope you feel better soon.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Chiropractor is the only reason I function today. If you think it is truly a traumatized muscle then according to him, skip the heat and go cold. It sounds backwards, but according to him, although the heat feels good, adding heat to an already inflamed muscle makes your body work twice as hard to reduce swelling and damage. So he said hot shower in the morning when you are stiff so you can move, but ice the rest of the day for pain, etc. If it's not LOADS better by Monday, go see someone.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Agreed on chiro! Love mine. He always makes it better :)
    He even got me started on my weight loss journey.
  • lilRicki
    Chiropractor is the only reason I function today. If you think it is truly a traumatized muscle then according to him, skip the heat and go cold. It sounds backwards, but according to him, although the heat feels good, adding heat to an already inflamed muscle makes your body work twice as hard to reduce swelling and damage. So he said hot shower in the morning when you are stiff so you can move, but ice the rest of the day for pain, etc. If it's not LOADS better by Monday, go see someone.

That's what i was thinking last night...i didn't have a clue what was wrong so i didn't know if i should ice it or heat it...so i just rubbed it lol...i've never been to a chiropractor...i was also thinking acupuncture because my benefits cover all sessions
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    If it's a rib out, acupuncture isn't going to fix that. Muscle spasm...probably. I can't deal with the thought of the needles. (shudder). However, the chiro has helped over the years with all sorts of things and most insurance covers at least basic visits. Massage therapy might be an option too...
  • lilRicki
    i asked the pharmacist, and she told me to freeze it, and take advil...there's nothing i can do...
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Feel better soon. Take it easy the next few days and follow the suggestions here and I'm sure you'll feel better in not time.

Shannon
This discussion has been closed.