No loss

Options
Help!

I've started using MyFitness with the Garmin Vivofit device. I just completed my first week - walking over 34 miles for the week (which may not sound like much, but prior to starting, I was probably only doing 5 miles a week) and staying within or below calorie range for 6 out of 7 days. I weighed my self this morning and had no loss - zero, zippo, nada.

Any advice on why that would happen? Does it take time to show the actual weight loss, or do I need to just up my game even more?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Open your log so we can give good feedback. 90% of the time, if you are failing to lose weight, it's because you are overestimating your calories burned or underestimating your intake. Weighing everything with a scale and adherence to logging is the best way to correct this.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    It's only been one week. Patience and consistency are going to be key. Make sure you're accurately logging your food (weigh solids, measure liquids) and just give yourself some time.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I agree with others.its only ok ne week.give it time.if you stick with it you will get the results.it could take at least few minths yo see the difference. good luck:flowerforyou:
  • missarchael
    Options
    I have been counting my calories and staying under my BMR everyday in terms of the calories and trying my best to hit my nutritional goals everyday but I am losing next to no weight? It has been 26 days now and I know you need to exercise and only been doing a slight increase in walking than usual but I am getting very minimal results for doing what I am doing. HELP!
  • rcullivan
    rcullivan Posts: 1
    Options
    Agreed, patience is the key. I've seen days and even weeks where there is little to no progress and others where I'm dropping a half a pound a day. Stick with it and don't be discouraged. Everyone's body is different and sometimes it's difficult to ramp up your metabolism. Upping your game could be the next step if you're feeling it. Just make sure to pace yourself, you don't want to get injured then put yourself out of action.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    We do not know your data(weight, height, calories consumed, quality of foods and body composition) to help you. Open Diary to start. Then fill us in on as much data you can.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    What does your Garmin say you burn in 1 mile (calories)? There's so many variables...were you walking at a fast clip, or just chugging along? Someone in another posting had mentioned that walking (per mile) burns 60 calories, running averages 100 calories per mile

"IF" 60 calories per mile was correct...that would put you at burning 2040 that week. You need 3500 burned to lose 1 pound.

But again, all the numbers burned are "ballpark" numbers, as it is different for everyone - including the little gizmos we wear. Garmin vs FitBit vs something else will all generate different numbers.

The first thing I would do HERE, is:
    post your age / gender / height / current weight / calories total per day that you are consuming (or open your diary)

This will give others more info to help you :)

Karen
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    How badly did you miss your target on Day #7? It's possible to wipe out an entire week's worth of progress in a single day.

But as others have pointed out, no one can give you an actual answer to your particular case without seeing what actually happened.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the quick response. I will try the suggestions and try having patience....I know it's a long road ahead!
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am female, and about your age, so I am going to share my experiences. When I started on this journey, I started working out 4-5 times a week and logging 1200 calories a day. The first few weeks I saw very little change. I even went UP a few ounces the first week. I was ready to quit. I figured why do all that work for no results. By week 7 I had only lost 3 pounds even though I continued the 1200 calories a day and 4-5 workouts per week. I am SO glad I didn't give up. Eventually the pounds started coming off and I hit my goal. Even though I didn't make any changes. Once I hit my goal, I added back 50 calories per day in the first 2 weeks and I still continued to loose. I added another 50 and then 50 more. I have been able to maintain. There were weeks my weight would go up, but then it would come back down (lower than the previous week) so I saw a gradual loss. Hang in there and keep up the good work. It's difficult for us at 50 (and 50 plus), but it's worth it in the end.