Very annoyed at myself - rant

Options
Like it says in the subject.

I have been using this site for 25 days and lost about 7 kg and I have been really good the whole time (well, apart from the exercise). But I have never went over my calorie count and stopped my excessive overeating.

Until today. I can't believe that I done that. Had dinner and already put the food in and what do you know??? About 1 hour after dinner, I made myself ham and mayo sandwich. I just couldn't stop myself. And to top it all up, I finished few pretzels like savoury thingies we had in a cupboard.

I don't know what is going on as even thought it's only been 25 days, I'm generally very careful about calories and what I eat. And I always make sure that the portion size is accurate and everything else. Even drank water in a pub when I was out with friends, share the M&Ms my hubby gave me between the kids, only had a 1 small piece of my sons birthday cake...just really trying to change.

I've been taking this very seriously, but all of the sudden, all my willpower is gone and I just stuffed myself again. I understand that things like that happen, but I'm just so cross with myself and need to vent it somewhere before I turn to food again. It feels like slipping back to old self and I don't like that.

There, rant over.

Replies

• abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    7 kg is A LOT! You've been doing great! As you said, things like this happen. Just be happy that you noticed it in time to stop and start back again with your new, healthy lifestyle change! What's done is done. Just press "delete" out of your head and "re-play" all your other new habbits~! Tomorrow is a new day and you'll get right back on track!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    7 kg is A LOT! You've been doing great! As you said, things like this happen. Just be happy that you noticed it in time to stop and start back again with your new, healthy lifestyle change! What's done is done. Just press "delete" out of your head and "re-play" all your other new habbits~! Tomorrow is a new day and you'll get right back on track!

I agree! I've had a pretty bad couple of weeks. Not been able to exercise after hurting my neck and getting back into it has been really hard (though I've managed my swimming!). Pick yourself up and brush yourself off. You've done so well and remember that!!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Do you have PMS? I know I can eat myself out of house and home when I have PMS...or you can check your fibre intake...if the things you're eating don't make you FEEL full then change your diet. Also eat 5 times a day...small things...that will help...notice what you're craving too...sometimes I crave steak...i haven't eaten steak in over 5 years...but that's my body saying i need more iron...you're doing awesome, you just have to tweek some things...it's a lifestyle change, not a race to the finish...if you knew all there was to know about healthy living, you wouldn't be here...don't stress out, just learn something new every day
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Did you eat because you were hungry or bored? I have run into times I was famished even shortly after eating. I chalk it up to my body going...Hey, feed me!
    One day won't kill you and should NOT derail you. Keep on keeping on. You are doing great.
  • lisay9
    lisay9 Posts: 18
    Options
    Oh my word!! I have just decided this minute to come on and post the exact same rant myself!
    I have had a rubbish day too, I have also been doing it for the same amount of time and lost simular weight as you, how strange we are feeling the same at the same time?
    I know what my problem is today - I'm hungry because instead of having a healthy lunch I choose some crappy cereal bars, and now I have eaten the whole box of them and I'm over my calories, but I just feel like saying ' who cares' and eating whatever I want.
    Gggr I am so cross with myself after doing so well, but at the same time I'm glad I logged on her now as I see its not just me having a bad day :)
  • spinndrift
    Options
    As poster above says you realised there has been a slight hiccup which is a major thing rather than just pretending it never happened.

I'm good most of the time but I accept that every so often I will have a pig out and I don't feel guilty about - at least if the weight goes up a bit I know why and it comes off easier.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.

I have ate the food because I just felt like it (and because I just feel bored, frustrated, annoyed...you name it, I feel like it). Before I started here, I would just overeat all the time (actually, by nature law, I should have been morbidly obese and not just overweight with the amount of food I use to eat). Wasn't hungry at all.

But you all are right and I know it is just one little slip. It happened and I will try again tomorrow. I just wish I would have delete button in my head. How fun would life be then. :smile:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think we've all been here :)

Infact - I'm here with you right now! Eating pizza! I've done so well with my eating and exercise for the last few weeks that I have this "moment" where I need to blow out! Luckily for me it sticks to a meal (pizza!) or a teeny piece of cake - but it makes you feel so good knowing that you are normal! You will eat "bad" things - because this is a change for LIFE! We love these things, so don't deny yourself them! Just get back on it at the next meal - or the next day!!

Even have "set" days where you can have a bit of a naughty meal but know full well you will be back into it the next day - we can't all be perfect all the time :) It tastes nice! It's a treat :)

You've done so well already - don't beat yourself up about it :) We all do it, and we all recognise that we need to counteract it :) It's normal and it's life :) Please don't feel guilty! :)
    -x-x-
  • Zuznana
    Options
    I love pizza. I have had pizza before. It actually fitted nicely with home made chips in my callorie intake.

But the set Naughty days sound good. Might have to think about that. :smile:

I could finally have those M&Ms I want so much. :laugh:
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and maintaining that weight loss is a long term commitment. One day is not going to make or break you.

You just have to know that this was a blip on the screen and you will be back at it tomorrow.

It is all a matter of choice and you must make the right choices in your continuing quest for change.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love pizza. I have had pizza before. It actually fitted nicely with home made chips in my callorie intake.

But the set Naughty days sound good. Might have to think about that. :smile:

I could finally have those M&Ms I want so much. :laugh:

I have a naughty day once a week lol Saturdays are my horrid days...i try and stay in my calories, but i don't eat healthy
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter M&M's HAUNT me.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Hang in there.
    Tomorrow is a clean slate :)
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am going to blame the weather!
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey, 7kgs in 25 days - you are brilliant!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I find that I need to allow myself the odd day when I can let go and indulge in one or two treats. Apart from anything else I find that it does my metabolism good to 'shake it up'. It is particularly good if I hit a bit of a plateau even if I am religiously watching my calories and doing plenty of exercise; if I have a bit of a 'naughty' day it is sometimes enough to kick start the weight loss again.

Anyway, as others have said, tomorrow is a new day and you can start again. Put today behind you and forget about it.

All the best
    Pam
  • Zuznana
    Options
    The weather doesn't help.

I don't know why I worry if one day I go over by 103 cals. Most days I'm slightly under so I suppose, it is not the end of the world.

Thank you all so much, you don't even know how much better I feel now. :smile:
  • ezgoingal2
    Options
    Don't think you're the only one that slips and then rants ......after the fact. However, being the type person I am, I could ALWAYS rationalize (nice word for make an excuse) why I ate too much or what I did. Anyway, I have found that, for me, cutting out several carbs made me less hungry throughout the day. In fact, just today, although I did go over a bit, I stayed pretty true to my limits and got to eat a Thanksgiving meal!! No potatoes, no cereal, no pretzels or low fat chips......things that are low fat generally tend to have a few more carbs which causes blood sugar to elevate. In turn, when the food craving is satisfied, all that extra blood glucose?? well...let's just say....a moment on the lips...a lifetime on the hips!! Try to watch the carbs you're eating and see if that helps the hunger pangs....Good luck!
  • carmen1485
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly. Some days like today you won't do so brilliantly but that's ok. You're in a much better place that where you used to be. Have a great day tomorrow.

All this is being said by someone who is currently squeaking in just under her calories and that's with eating all my exercise calories too. And is trying to resist the chocolate in the fridge :-)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. I do this every so often too and really get down on myself about it. It's all part of being human and you have to cut yourself some slack sometimes! The main thing is that you don't get an all or nothing mentality and give up. Just get right back on course tomorrow.... it's a new day, you know.:-)

Shannon