How long until you saw results??

Options
Okay so I've just recently started and I'm worried about weighing myself Incase I haven't lost anything and I feel disappointed. I know I won't see extreme results I just want to be able to see some results no matter how small. I burn around about 700 calories a day and eat around about 1200. How long do you think it would take for me to see results and should I weigh myself every week, every month or every couple of days?

Replies

• kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weighing once per week at the same time each week i.e. I weigh Friday morning as soon as I get up (after I have been to the toilet)
    You say your are burning 700 calories per day and only eating 1200 that means you are only consuming 500 calories (1200-700 =500) I would suggest that is too little to sustain weight loss, the 1200 MFP suggests is if you do no exercise so I would try and up your food intake and see how you get on.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your net calories =500 calories

Your 13 pound weight loss goal, depending on how much you weight right now and your BMR, should be seeing pretty quickly.

500 calories net is a very aggressive net. I think a lot of people on here will suggest you eat more and I have to agree.

Also where are you getting this 700 calorie burn from?
  • emmaleo2014
    Options
    Okay thanks. I'm new to all this weight loss stuff and I don't really know what is best I have tried reading up on tips and facts but all say differently. I love food and I do eat a lot I just never realised how little calories my favourite foods have. I get too conscious about what I'm eating nowadays which can stop M&S eating which is a bad habit to get into but hard to get out
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I hope you are eating your exercise calories back.

It takes a while to see results. Took me about 6 weeks or so.
  • emmaleo2014
    Options
    I'm getting it from football and a stationary bike for the bike I put it at a mode where it gets easier than harder and then in the middle I put that up at a higher gear and I go at on average 13mph
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Are you using a heart rate monitor to get your calories burned from exercise or using the bike display and MFP estimations?
    MFP is just an estimate as everyone is different and exercise machines are always highly in accurate. Your diary is private so we can't see what you are logging for food and exercise , if you can open it up some people might be able to give you better advice.
    Good luck.
  • emmaleo2014
    Options
    I choose my exercise bike for the accuracy but I always deduct 100 calories or so from what it tells me just Incase it's too good to be true. I worry that I might over eat. Lately I've felt a bit worn out maybe that to do with my net calories and I was only able to go on the bike for half an hour before I gave up I'm going to try it after tea when I have some more energy